Newbie: API docs?
Author Message
 Newbie: API docs?

Hi all,

I just put in my MSDN subscription order today. It's going to take 10
days to get here, and in the meantime I plan to mess around with csc.exe.
It's a little slow going, because I can't find any API docs I can read.
My Beta 2 installation (the one you can download) seems to contain some
compiled help files, but I don't know what I'm supposed to read them
with.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
CC

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:23:12 GMT
 Newbie: API docs?
Quote:
>> compiled help files, but I don't know what I'm supposed to read them

 Install should have created a 'Microsoft .NET Framework SDK'
 programm group including a 'Documentation' icon.
 (if not, check if
   "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\dexplore.exe"
  exists and try start this)

in the mean time, you may also use freeware IDE:
  http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/default.asp

many more C# links:
 http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_csharp.html

Quote:

> I just put in my MSDN subscription order today. It's going to take 10
> days to get here, and in the meantime I plan to mess around with csc.exe.
> It's a little slow going, because I can't find any API docs I can read.
> My Beta 2 installation (the one you can download) seems to contain some
> compiled help files, but I don't know what I'm supposed to read them
> with.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:39:20 GMT
 Newbie: API docs?

Quote:
>>> compiled help files, but I don't know what I'm supposed to read them
>  Install should have created a 'Microsoft .NET Framework SDK' programm
>  group including a 'Documentation' icon.

It sure did, my friend, it sure did.

Quote:
> in the mean time, you may also use freeware IDE:
>   http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/default.asp

> many more C# links:
>  http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_csharp.html

I shall my friend, I shall.

Thank you for the LIGHTNING FAST response!!!

- CC

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:43:01 GMT

1. NDIS 3.xx Networking API Docs Needed

2. Authoring API docs in parallel with C++?

3. Newbie Q: How to determine destroy order of windows,docs,views,apps

4. Newbie C# api

5. Newbie: Calling Win32 APIs

6. Newbie api question

7. NEWBIE: Console API from .c instead of .cpp.

8. newbie in api, need help for the function AVIStreamGetFrame

9. Newbie to using Crypto API

10. Help with API (NEWBIE)

11. Newbie need help with API

12. Win32 API C newbie question...