load specific version of assembly that is in the cache in the object Assembly
Author Message
 load specific version of assembly that is in the cache in the object Assembly

I need load an Assemblie that is in the global cach in the object
Assembly(Assembly ass)
I use the method 'Assembly.LoadWithPartialName(ass.Name)' but this load the
first version of the assembly. I need load a specific version of this
assembly. How I can to do this???

Thank you

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:48:27 GMT
 load specific version of assembly that is in the cache in the object Assembly
Fredy,

Quote:
>I use the method 'Assembly.LoadWithPartialName(ass.Name)' but this load the
>first version of the assembly. I need load a specific version of this
>assembly. How I can to do this???

Use Assembly.Load() instead, and pass it the fully qualified assembly
name.

Mattias

===
Mattias Sj?gren (VB MVP)

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 04:12:44 GMT

1. Dynamic loading of types from non-specific assembly

2. COM object into Global assembly cache

3. obtain Assembly objects of referenced assemblies

4. Changed Version Info Now Assembly Won't Load

5. Global Assembly Cache (GAC) question

6. Global Assembly Cache and Updates

7. Programmatic access to Global Assembly Cache

8. Referencing DLL's in Global Assembly Cache

9. General Assembly Cache

10. Global Assembly Cache woes

11. Viewing Assembly Download cache through Explorer

12. Global Assembly Cache Woes