Quick Question
Author Message
 Quick Question

Hopefully this is an easy one too.  I wrote a WebService
in C++ and made the mistake of making one of the methods
use a BSTR as a parameter.  Now my client is in C#, is
there a way to send a BSTR back through my webservice
object?  Does C# support BSTRS?  Or are there some
conversion classes that can do it for me?

 Tom

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:26:02 GMT
 Quick Question
Thomas,

    Your wrapper for your web service should be able to parse apart the
content that is sent to it in the SOAP package and convert it to a BSTR for
you.  You shouldn't have to worry about this.  Just like the wrappers for
the call to your method in C# shouldn't have to worry about converting a
string instance into something in a SOAP package.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Hopefully this is an easy one too.  I wrote a WebService
> in C++ and made the mistake of making one of the methods
> use a BSTR as a parameter.  Now my client is in C#, is
> there a way to send a BSTR back through my webservice
> object?  Does C# support BSTRS?  Or are there some
> conversion classes that can do it for me?

>  Tom

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:37:14 GMT

1. Quick Question, Quick Answer

2. Quick question

3. DateTime.ToOADate() precision - quick question

4. Quick Question

5. Couple Quick Questions

6. 2 quick questions

7. Quick question about pointer initialization...

8. Quick question..

9. Quick Question about C Collections

10. Quick question!

11. A quick question please!