Hello,

I have a basic question.  When a .NET executable written in C# loads a
native .dll (legacy code), does it get loaded in the executable's process
space or is it out of process (out-proc) at that point?  Thanks for any
knowledge you may have.

Dan

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:31:26 GMT
It's loaded into the executing process, just like any other DLL.
You can check this by putting together a sample application, run it in the
de{*filter*} and watch the output window to see which DLLs get loaded.

HTH,
Christoph Schittko

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have a basic question.  When a .NET executable written in C# loads a
> native .dll (legacy code), does it get loaded in the executable's process
> space or is it out of process (out-proc) at that point?  Thanks for any
> knowledge you may have.

> Dan

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:59:57 GMT

1. That esoteric problem with dll's and loaded address spaces

3. Run DLL in its own process space

4. mixed mode DLL causing non-continuable exception during process load

5. Load Icon from exe/dll

6. VC6 DLL loaded from nonvc6 main.exe

7. DLL Loaded Mult. Times by same Process

8. How to load an icon from EXE or DLL file

10. DLL Loaded Mult. Times by same Process

11. Debugging child process, Startup .EXE for debugging DLL

12. Thread/Process/Global vs. Dll/Exe