how to include Outlook in my C# Project ?
Author Message
 how to include Outlook in my C# Project ?

Hi NG,

i have to include Outlook and Word in my Application, the goal should be
that the whole application runs in my own Form.

I think i have to use ActiveX or Com, but i have no idea where to start ,(

if you have any idea or a good sample for me, please drop a poste....

Chris

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:01:40 GMT
 how to include Outlook in my C# Project ?
Richner,

    Do you want the window to be displayed in your form?  I don't know that
it is possible, but you could try and get the window handle and set yourself
as the parent for that window.

    If you want to just use the automation objects, then you should add the
following to your project:

Microsoft Office Object Library
Microsoft Outlook Object Library
Microsoft Word Object Library

    They can all be found under the "COM" tab when adding references to your
project.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Hi NG,

> i have to include Outlook and Word in my Application, the goal should be
> that the whole application runs in my own Form.

> I think i have to use ActiveX or Com, but i have no idea where to start ,(

> if you have any idea or a good sample for me, please drop a poste....

> Chris

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:09:43 GMT
 how to include Outlook in my C# Project ?

Chris,

i think you are referring to a COM concept know as "Active Documents", these take over the entire client area and can play with the frame, menus and toolbars.  IE can host active docs, like when you open a word doc in IE.  The menus/toolbars change, but if you go to the Help menu you see About Internet Explorer because that is the hosting app.

i don't know if .NET supports this.  you may want to do some searching for this term in conjuction with C#/.NET.  hope this helps
      _________________
      Terry Mulvany
      iStartSchool, Inc.
      626.795.8765

  Hi NG,

  i have to include Outlook and Word in my Application, the goal should be
  that the whole application runs in my own Form.

  I think i have to use ActiveX or Com, but i have no idea where to start ,(

  if you have any idea or a good sample for me, please drop a poste....

  Chris

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:17:44 GMT
 how to include Outlook in my C# Project ?
Hi Chris.
    There is an article on C# Corner which shows using MS Word in C#
applications, it maybe of help
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2002/Mar/WordFromDotNet.asp

--
Regards,
Gaurav Mantro

Quote:
> Hi NG,

> i have to include Outlook and Word in my Application, the goal should be
> that the whole application runs in my own Form.

> I think i have to use ActiveX or Com, but i have no idea where to start ,(

> if you have any idea or a good sample for me, please drop a poste....

> Chris

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:32:43 GMT
 how to include Outlook in my C# Project ?

this is a COM concept called Automation (app implements IDispatch)
      _________________
      Terry Mulvany
      iStartSchool, Inc.
      626.795.8765

  Hi Chris.
      There is an article on C# Corner which shows using MS Word in C#
  applications, it maybe of help
  http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2002/Mar/WordFromDotNet.asp

  --
  Regards,
  Gaurav Mantro
  http://www.mantrotech.com/technology/csharp/index.asp

  > Hi NG,
  >
  > i have to include Outlook and Word in my Application, the goal should be
  > that the whole application runs in my own Form.
  >
  > I think i have to use ActiveX or Com, but i have no idea where to start ,(
  >
  > if you have any idea or a good sample for me, please drop a poste....
  >
  > Chris

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:19:51 GMT

1. Visuals C# .NET Standard Edition doesn't include Class Library Project Template

2. Including projects in new projects

3. include another form(cs) in C#?

4. Need help on maintaining session between VB.NET project and C# project

5. MS Outlook and C# filter question - Plain Text

6. MS Outlook and C# filter question

7. Outlook and C#

8. using C# with outlook xp

9. C# Addin works in WOrd not in Outlook

10. Handling Outlook events inside a C# windows application ?

11. Outlook: get a MAPIFolder object from a given folder name in C#

12. Mails(outlook express) from C#