System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter
Author Message
 System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter

hello,
it doesn't seem VS.net can find the following.
System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter

It finds
 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter with no
problem.

Any ideas how I can get the SoapFormatter?

thanks in advance!

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:58:18 GMT
 System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter
Do you have a reference to the System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
assembly in your project?

Quote:
> hello,
> it doesn't seem VS.net can find the following.
> System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter

> It finds
>  System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter with no
> problem.

> Any ideas how I can get the SoapFormatter?

> thanks in advance!

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:46:40 GMT
 System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter
I'm piggybacking this on an old question since I couldn't find an
answer in the NG and the thread stopped with the one answer below.

On Fri, 31 May 2002 19:46:40 -0500, "Keith Patrick"

Quote:

>Do you have a reference to the System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
>assembly in your project?

>> hello,
>> it doesn't seem VS.net can find the following.
>> System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter

>> It finds
>>  System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter with no
>> problem.

>> Any ideas how I can get the SoapFormatter?

>> thanks in advance!

I have C# standard edition and it apparently doesn't HAVE
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap

When I try to put in the using statement, I get as far as

                using System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.

The only option the IDE gives me for completing that is

                using System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary

When I ignore the IDE and complete the using statement with Soap
(using System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap;), I get the
following error on the compile

"D:\pd\CSharp\sitealyze\OptionsForm.cs(6): The type or namespace
name 'Soap' does not exist in the class or namespace
'System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters' (are you missing an
assembly reference?)"

Is the SoapFormatter missing from the standard edition of C# ?

TIA,

-- David Ball

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:03:20 GMT

1. BUG in System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormater

2. System.Runtime.InteropServices.VTableCallsNotSupportedException

3. Unhandled Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Could not create System Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System

4. Binary Serialization of classes inherite from System.ComponentModel.Component

5. System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.StringToHGlobalAuto

6. System::Runtime::InteropServices::Out with Arrays

7. catching System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

8. about the namespace System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp

9. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040100)

10. System.runtime.remoting.channels.http?

11. Soap serialization within .NET is unusable!

12. SOAP serialization