Host IE from within a winforms app.
Author Message
 Host IE from within a winforms app.

Anyone know how to open IE within a winform? (Or even outside the form but
keep an object refernce?

I have been using  System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(lcReportsDirectory +
lsReportName + ".htm");
to open IE but I really want to do it in a way that I can get an object
reference and access the DOM.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:27:29 GMT
 Host IE from within a winforms app.
Hello Chris,

I think the Web Browser control is helpful. You can use it to browser a URL
and access the document through the Document property. You may right click
the ToolBox and then select Customize Toolbox to add this control. For more
information about the Web Browser control please see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/entry.asp

There is an article about how to use it in C#, for you convenience, I have
also included it here:

Walkthrough: Accessing the DHTML DOM from C#
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_v...
t/html/vsgrfWalkthroughAccessingDHTMLDOMFromC.asp

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Lion Shi, MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use.  2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------

    Subject: Host IE from within a winforms app.
    Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:27:29 -0400

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp

    Anyone know how to open IE within a winform? (Or even outside the form
but
    keep an object refernce?

    I have been using  System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(lcReportsDirectory +
    lsReportName + ".htm");
    to open IE but I really want to do it in a way that I can get an object
    reference and access the DOM.

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:54:14 GMT

1. using the IE engine within my app????

2. Displaying winforms in IE

3. Privileged winforms deployment via IE

4. Embedding Internet Explorer within Winforms?

5. Disable I.E. AutoFill in ASP.NET app

6. C++ MFC App to IE/IIS App

7. C++ MFC App to IE/IIS App

8. C++ MFC App to IE/IIS App

9. using .wav files in winforms apps

10. Winforms App with managed C++ ?

11. Launch a .NET app from within an app

12. Run console app from within my gui app