Package and Deployment in VS.NET
Author Message
 Package and Deployment in VS.NET

1st)I used package and deployment template in vs.net to create
setup1.exe/setup1.msi
2nd)I installed it on my pc
3rd)I made some changes and reDeployed the package.
4th)When i ran setup1 (Windows installer package) i got the below msg

"Another version of this program is already installed.Please remove
that from add/remove and then..."

so i had to remove the prog from add/remove then i ran setup which
went fine.

How can i stop this thing from happening.I think there is something
called versioning where you can just create new PE and provide to the
client.

I would be thankful if somebody explained me this concept of .net.

Regards,
Ashish

Tue, 10 May 2005 18:35:54 GMT
 Package and Deployment in VS.NET
Hi Ashish,

The installer checks UpgradeCode, PackageCode, and ProductCode properties
to determine whether the earlier version should be removed. The UpgradeCode
must be the same for both versions; the PackageCode and ProductCode must be
different.

You can set the RemovePreviousVersions property to "true", which is "false"
by default, to have the installer remove previous versions of an
application during installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Felix Wu
=============

--------------------

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,mic
rosoft.public.vsnet.general
Quote:
>Subject: Package and Deployment in VS.NET
>Date: 22 Nov 2002 02:35:54 -0800

10:35:54 GMT)

Quote:

microsoft.public.vsnet.general:16696
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp:110394
Quote:

>1st)I used package and deployment template in vs.net to create
>setup1.exe/setup1.msi
>2nd)I installed it on my pc
>3rd)I made some changes and reDeployed the package.
>4th)When i ran setup1 (Windows installer package) i got the below msg

>"Another version of this program is already installed.Please remove
>that from add/remove and then..."

>so i had to remove the prog from add/remove then i ran setup which
>went fine.

>How can i stop this thing from happening.I think there is something
>called versioning where you can just create new PE and provide to the
>client.

>I would be thankful if somebody explained me this concept of .net.

>Regards,
>Ashish

Fri, 13 May 2005 13:49:45 GMT

1. VS.Net deployment for COM+ component in combination with managed code

2. Deployment tool crashes VS.NET if you add a .obj file

3. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

4. packaging Bitmap files for deployment

5. package and deployment

6. Package and Deployment Wizard for Visual C++

7. package and deployment

8. Using VB package & deployment wizard

9. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

10. deployment of a web application (dll vs sources) ?

11. .NET to COM Interop with VSS - Deployment Question

12. Dual Mode atl com/.net deployment