ASP.NET application with Windows.NET RC1
Author Message
 ASP.NET application with Windows.NET RC1

Check your IIS settings to make sure you have a virtual directly. Also make
sure that folder has the necessary permissions for the files to be opened.

Quote:
> I've created an application under Windows.NET Standard Server RC1 from
> administrator user :

> Project Type : Visual C# project

> ASP.NET Web Application.

> When I try to create this application Visual Studio.NET display  an error
> message. Is it necessary that open this application with FrontPage Server
> Extension ? Why under Windows XP this message doesn't appear ?

> Thanks for your answer
> Stefano

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:09:19 GMT
 ASP.NET application with Windows.NET RC1

Quote:
> I've created an application under Windows.NET Standard Server RC1 from
> administrator user :

> Project Type : Visual C# project

> ASP.NET Web Application.

> When I try to create this application Visual Studio.NET display  an
error
> message. Is it necessary that open this application with FrontPage
Server
> Extension ? Why under Windows XP this message doesn't appear ?

Because in XP, IIS and FP extensions are enabled by default, and in
.NET Server, they aren't.

Visual Studio.NET uses FrontPage extensions to "author" or publish
content to IIS.

It's been awhile since I set up my .NET server, but I'm thinking that
you had to install the extensions seperately by going to Control Panel,
Add/Remove programs, Windows Components, and then drill down to
IIS and manually click the FP 2002 extensions.

Next, you need to go to your Internet Services Manager and click on
the "Web Service Extensions" folder and "Allow" the front page
extensions.

Then, open up the "Web Sites" folder, and R-click on Default Web Site,
All Tasks, Configure Server Extensions and, IIRC, a web page will
open up and you must enable the FP extensions on the Default web site.

After that VS.NET should start working.

I'm sure I missed something, but if you mess around enough with it,
it should become obvious. I remember it being real simple after
I "allow"ed FP extensions.

-c

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 04:19:51 GMT
 ASP.NET application with Windows.NET RC1
I have done all of this and it works.  However, I am using VSS integrated
projects and it will not let me add the project to VSS.  It says that the
project is using front page and must be set through the IIS administrator.
When I go there, I don't have the option to use VSS for source control.

Is there a way to get regular file sharing to work with .Net server?  This
is the way that Windows XP works...

Appreciate any assistance

Thanks
Jim Bish

Quote:

> > I've created an application under Windows.NET Standard Server RC1 from
> > administrator user :

> > Project Type : Visual C# project

> > ASP.NET Web Application.

> > When I try to create this application Visual Studio.NET display  an
> error
> > message. Is it necessary that open this application with FrontPage
> Server
> > Extension ? Why under Windows XP this message doesn't appear ?

> Because in XP, IIS and FP extensions are enabled by default, and in
> .NET Server, they aren't.

> Visual Studio.NET uses FrontPage extensions to "author" or publish
> content to IIS.

> It's been awhile since I set up my .NET server, but I'm thinking that
> you had to install the extensions seperately by going to Control Panel,
> Add/Remove programs, Windows Components, and then drill down to
> IIS and manually click the FP 2002 extensions.

> Next, you need to go to your Internet Services Manager and click on
> the "Web Service Extensions" folder and "Allow" the front page
> extensions.

> Then, open up the "Web Sites" folder, and R-click on Default Web Site,
> All Tasks, Configure Server Extensions and, IIRC, a web page will
> open up and you must enable the FP extensions on the Default web site.

> After that VS.NET should start working.

> I'm sure I missed something, but if you mess around enough with it,
> it should become obvious. I remember it being real simple after
> I "allow"ed FP extensions.

> -c

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:33:50 GMT
 ASP.NET application with Windows.NET RC1
Hi Chad,
I've try througth your solution : but the only method for create a project
from Visual Studio.NET (ASP.NET), is througth front page extension "Try to
open with Frontpage Server Extension". I remember that under Windows XP is
not necessary create a project in this way !!!
Thanks
stefano

Quote:

> > I've created an application under Windows.NET Standard Server RC1 from
> > administrator user :

> > Project Type : Visual C# project

> > ASP.NET Web Application.

> > When I try to create this application Visual Studio.NET display  an
> error
> > message. Is it necessary that open this application with FrontPage
> Server
> > Extension ? Why under Windows XP this message doesn't appear ?

> Because in XP, IIS and FP extensions are enabled by default, and in
> .NET Server, they aren't.

> Visual Studio.NET uses FrontPage extensions to "author" or publish
> content to IIS.

> It's been awhile since I set up my .NET server, but I'm thinking that
> you had to install the extensions seperately by going to Control Panel,
> Add/Remove programs, Windows Components, and then drill down to
> IIS and manually click the FP 2002 extensions.

> Next, you need to go to your Internet Services Manager and click on
> the "Web Service Extensions" folder and "Allow" the front page
> extensions.

> Then, open up the "Web Sites" folder, and R-click on Default Web Site,
> All Tasks, Configure Server Extensions and, IIRC, a web page will
> open up and you must enable the FP extensions on the Default web site.

> After that VS.NET should start working.

> I'm sure I missed something, but if you mess around enough with it,
> it should become obvious. I remember it being real simple after
> I "allow"ed FP extensions.

> -c

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:15:11 GMT

1. How to call VB.net and ASP.net programs in MFC?(or,asp call vc)

2. ASP.NET (ADO.NET) connect to remote MS Access Database

3. .net server controls for access from asp.net

4. Can not create web application (ASP.NET using C#)

5. Caching application data (just like in ASP.NET)

6. Linking Managed C++ library to csharp ASP.NET application

7. Launching an application from ASP.NET

8. Queues in ASP .NET application

9. how to create c#, asp.net application without global.asa*

10. How can I use/share global variables and objects in an ASP.NET application

11. ASP.NET Web Application

12. SecurityException in ASP.Net application