Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET
Author Message
 Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET

I am developing a multi-form Windows Forms project in VS.NET. One form in my
project acts a little strange. Every time I make a change to this form
(either in the code editor or in the design mode), VS.NET pops up a message
box saying that "This file is being modified outside the source editor. Do
you want to reload it?" - This problem is happening only for this particular
file and it happens everytime I click the "Save" icon. Any reasons/possible
remedies?

Jim

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:13:26 GMT
 Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET
Maybe... close everything and reboot... it's ugly but it uses to work....

Rui Maia
*********************************

*********************************
WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> I am developing a multi-form Windows Forms project in VS.NET. One form in
my
> project acts a little strange. Every time I make a change to this form
> (either in the code editor or in the design mode), VS.NET pops up a
message
> box saying that "This file is being modified outside the source editor. Do
> you want to reload it?" - This problem is happening only for this
particular
> file and it happens everytime I click the "Save" icon. Any
reasons/possible
> remedies?

> Jim

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:22:46 GMT
 Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET
Hi Rui,

    Thanks for the tip - tried that, but doesn't work - the funniest part is
till yesterday, it never showed this problem.

Jim

Quote:
> Maybe... close everything and reboot... it's ugly but it uses to work....

> --
> Rui Maia
> *********************************

> *********************************
> WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> > I am developing a multi-form Windows Forms project in VS.NET. One form
in
> my
> > project acts a little strange. Every time I make a change to this form
> > (either in the code editor or in the design mode), VS.NET pops up a
> message
> > box saying that "This file is being modified outside the source editor.
Do
> > you want to reload it?" - This problem is happening only for this
> particular
> > file and it happens everytime I click the "Save" icon. Any
> reasons/possible
> > remedies?

> > Jim

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:26:11 GMT
 Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET
What is the name of the file, in what dir ?

Rui Maia
*********************************

*********************************
WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> Hi Rui,

>     Thanks for the tip - tried that, but doesn't work - the funniest part
is
> till yesterday, it never showed this problem.

> Jim

> > Maybe... close everything and reboot... it's ugly but it uses to
work....

> > --
> > Rui Maia
> > *********************************

> > *********************************
> > WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> > > I am developing a multi-form Windows Forms project in VS.NET. One form
> in
> > my
> > > project acts a little strange. Every time I make a change to this form
> > > (either in the code editor or in the design mode), VS.NET pops up a
> > message
> > > box saying that "This file is being modified outside the source
editor.
> Do
> > > you want to reload it?" - This problem is happening only for this
> > particular
> > > file and it happens everytime I click the "Save" icon. Any
> > reasons/possible
> > > remedies?

> > > Jim

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:37:43 GMT
 Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET
"frmNewContact.cs" which is located in my project folder along with all
other files in the project.
Jim

Quote:
> What is the name of the file, in what dir ?

> --
> Rui Maia
> *********************************

> *********************************
> WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> > Hi Rui,

> >     Thanks for the tip - tried that, but doesn't work - the funniest
part
> is
> > till yesterday, it never showed this problem.

> > Jim

> > > Maybe... close everything and reboot... it's ugly but it uses to
> work....

> > > --
> > > Rui Maia
> > > *********************************

> > > *********************************
> > > WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> > in
> > > my
> > > message
> editor.
> > Do
> > > particular
> > > reasons/possible

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:52:49 GMT
 Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET
Check how many instances of the Form are open inside VS.IDE.
I had the same issue, and it turned out that 2 duplicate tabs were being
opened for x.cs and when I editted the one the other complained about having
being editted.

HTH

Simon

Quote:
> I am developing a multi-form Windows Forms project in VS.NET. One form in
my
> project acts a little strange. Every time I make a change to this form
> (either in the code editor or in the design mode), VS.NET pops up a
message
> box saying that "This file is being modified outside the source editor. Do
> you want to reload it?" - This problem is happening only for this
particular
> file and it happens everytime I click the "Save" icon. Any
reasons/possible
> remedies?

> Jim

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:33:42 GMT
 Problem in Saving a file in VS.NET
Hi Simon,

    I closed all forms/tabs, opened just this form and tried to save. Again
this irritating message pops up.

Anyone from MS have any clues?

Jim

Quote:
> Check how many instances of the Form are open inside VS.IDE.
> I had the same issue, and it turned out that 2 duplicate tabs were being
> opened for x.cs and when I editted the one the other complained about
having
> being editted.

> HTH

> Simon

> > I am developing a multi-form Windows Forms project in VS.NET. One form
in
> my
> > project acts a little strange. Every time I make a change to this form
> > (either in the code editor or in the design mode), VS.NET pops up a
> message
> > box saying that "This file is being modified outside the source editor.
Do
> > you want to reload it?" - This problem is happening only for this
> particular
> > file and it happens everytime I click the "Save" icon. Any
> reasons/possible
> > remedies?

> > Jim

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:07:10 GMT

1. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

2. VS.NET 2003 file dependencies problem.

3. Problem of generating .sln and .vcproj file for VS.net

4. problem:: want to split files across different directory in VS.NET studio

5. problem:: want to split files across different directory in VS.NET studio

6. problems with playing AVI files under VS.NET final

7. Save process in VS.NET

8. Save a project in VS.net B2

9. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

10. Opening Minidump file with VS.NET and a missing symbol file

11. Save file error in VS 6 on XP and W2K

12. How to add image into resource file using VS.NET