migration
Author Message
 migration

I know there's a migration tool for vb6 to vb.net, is there one for C#?

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:39:46 GMT
 migration
Deborah,

    From what?  I mean, C# is a new language.  If you mean from C++ to C#,
there might be some out there, but I can't imagine that they are that good,
especially if your project is filled with templates and whatnot.

    If you have an existing C++ codebase, then I would recommend that you
use the Managed Extensions for C++ to change your classes into managed code.

    Hope this helps.

--
                    - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Quote:
> I know there's a migration tool for vb6 to vb.net, is there one for c#?

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:07:14 GMT
 migration
I would guess she means vb6 to c# (or even vb.net to C#) which I would have
thought practical but I've not heard of one.

Phil

Quote:
> Deborah,

>     From what?  I mean, C# is a new language.  If you mean from C++ to C#,
> there might be some out there, but I can't imagine that they are that
good,
> especially if your project is filled with templates and whatnot.

>     If you have an existing C++ codebase, then I would recommend that you
> use the Managed Extensions for C++ to change your classes into managed
code.

>     Hope this helps.

> --
>                     - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

> > I know there's a migration tool for vb6 to vb.net, is there one for c#?

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:06:40 GMT

1. VC7.1 code migration problem

2. Migration From VC++ 6.0

3. Active Document Server and .NET migration

4. Ansi C migration to C# or Managed C++

5. pointers to migration issues from existing C++ code to managed C++ or C#

6. VC6 to VC7 migration problem (problem with ATL and MFC)

7. problem migration VC6.0 to VC 7.0

8. dotNet C++ migration

9. unmanaged migration from VC6 to VC7 question

10. migration from COM to .NET

11. Ansi C migration to C# or Managed C++

12. MFC -> .NET migration