Smart Client Deployable Model
Author Message
 Smart Client Deployable Model

Hi Guys,
I recenlty found about the "Smart Client Deployable Model" in the .NET show.
How will I be able to extend this model towards P2P where there wont be a
webserver running?

- Tariq

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:29:42 GMT
 Smart Client Deployable Model
Tariq,

Quote:
> I recenlty found about the "Smart Client Deployable Model" in the .NET
show.
> How will I be able to extend this model towards P2P where there wont be a
> webserver running?

That sounds like a general question about content distribution in a peer
cloud, I doubt you'll get an answer here. :-)

--
Zane Thomas
www.mabry.com

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 02:32:52 GMT
 Smart Client Deployable Model
Sorry for being vauge,
I had to write that quick coz they were shutting down the labs.

Let me explain my question with the aid of an example.
Supposing you had a version of ICQ that employs the Smart Client Model.
According to this model, every time a new feature is added to ICQ, the
client would have to connect to icq.com and get that latest assembly.
My point is that icq.com might not be the closest place to get it from,
supposing a peer on your network has already gotten the latest assembly.
How can I faclitate a means for getting the assemblies from the closest
peer rather than a central location.

I dont think security is an issue here because of the strong-name or
code access security schemes..

Thanks,
Tariq

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:36:07 GMT

1. Smart client question

2. Smart Client Deployment Security

3. Smart clients

4. Looking for sample sockets client/server chat model

5. Threading model for the client application

6. Help in creating a WSAEventSelect model winsock client application

7. Threading model for the MFC Client Application

8. Apartment Model Threading and Client Behavior

9. Apartment Model Threading and Client Behavior

10. what threading model is default when no Threading model key

11. Client Side Validation preventing client side script from running

12. COM - marshaling from client to client