Dll Usage
Author Message
 Dll Usage

Hello,
I have written a DLL using .NET (C#). Now I should be able
to run a Function from dies DLL from within the
Instalshield. My function has the following definition:
public static int run(string[] args)
Can anybody tell me, how could I get access to this DLL-
Function from another environment like Installshield. How
could I define this function as the entrypoint of the DLL.
Thanks

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:16:55 GMT
 Dll Usage

Quote:
> Hello,
> I have written a DLL using .NET (C#). Now I should be able
> to run a Function from dies DLL from within the
> Instalshield. My function has the following definition:
> public static int run(string[] args)
> Can anybody tell me, how could I get access to this DLL-
> Function from another environment like Installshield. How
> could I define this function as the entrypoint of the DLL.
> Thanks

I believe .NET components can only be accessed from either another .NET
app or from COM through COM interop.  Does Installshield support
customizatoin through COM?

--
Patrick Steele

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:10:30 GMT
 Dll Usage
Even if C# compiled code is contained in a DLL, it is not
a standard Win32 dll. It contains Metadata and IL code.

If you need an entry point in your dll, you better use a
Managed C++ project that could redispatch (if you need so)
calls to your C# class library.

Francois.

Quote:

Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:55:22 GMT