DLL types to .NET types?
Author Message
 DLL types to .NET types?

Hi,
does any one knows where can I find extense documentation
about parameters type changing between unmanaged Win32
DLLs and NET managed code calling?

...I'm trying to call unmanaged code DLLs and I have
problems of Null Reference Exceptions (in this first step,
later I'll surelly have problems of type incompatibilities)

Please, give me any information you can.

Thank you in advance,
Edgar

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:49:38 GMT
 DLL types to .NET types?
just start with (also on your local MSDN help)
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconplatforminv...

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconconsumingun...

for more, ask in newsgroup

  NETMaster  (Thomas Scheidegger)
  http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_CSharp.html

Quote:

> does any one knows where can I find extense documentation
> about parameters type changing between unmanaged Win32
> DLLs and NET managed code calling?
> ...I'm trying to call unmanaged code DLLs and I have
> problems of Null Reference Exceptions (in this first step,
> later I'll surelly have problems of type incompatibilities)
> Please, give me any information you can.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:10:51 GMT

1. type problems with .net types *arrgh*

2. C# Base Types vs. .NET Types

3. Type Casting between Base and Derived Type (Serialization of objects with Type members)

4. Variables and types of type "Type"

5. Using types in a different assembly given that the type may be used or not used

6. Help with: C2392 - covariant returns types are not supported in managed types

7. <type>* : Is this a type?

8. type casting to / from pointers to incomplete data types

9. Object type cannot be converted to target type

10. using incomplete structure types as opaque types

11. undefined type in arg list vs. return type

12. Strong typing....(static/dynamic typing)