HREF's to .exe's don't work
Author Message
 HREF's to .exe's don't work

Saw the keynote with Anders Hejlsberg's href launched .exe  where it
automatically runs in the sandbox.  Very {*filter*}. There is just one problem.
While that sample may run on Anders' machine, it won't auto launch on
anybody else's.  Everybody else gets a code download box.  Is there a patch
or something coming out soon for this?

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:30:48 GMT
 HREF's to .exe's don't work
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:30:48 -0600, in
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp "John Davis"

Quote:

>Saw the keynote with Anders Hejlsberg's href launched .exe  where it
>automatically runs in the sandbox.  Very {*filter*}. There is just one problem.
>While that sample may run on Anders' machine, it won't auto launch on
>anybody else's.  Everybody else gets a code download box.  Is there a patch
>or something coming out soon for this?

There are a combination of OS's and patch levels which affect it. I
think that the latest patch to IE6 enables it properly (got it myself
via Windows Update yesterday).

--
Simon
www.quintuslink.com

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:44:31 GMT
 HREF's to .exe's don't work
That did it.

Many thanks,
John

Quote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:30:48 -0600, in
> microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp "John Davis"

> >Saw the keynote with Anders Hejlsberg's href launched .exe  where it
> >automatically runs in the sandbox.  Very {*filter*}. There is just one problem.
> >While that sample may run on Anders' machine, it won't auto launch on
> >anybody else's.  Everybody else gets a code download box.  Is there a
patch
> >or something coming out soon for this?

> There are a combination of OS's and patch levels which affect it. I
> think that the latest patch to IE6 enables it properly (got it myself
> via Windows Update yesterday).

> --
> Simon
> www.quintuslink.com
> +44 (0)1733 358573
> Peterborough, UK
> Replace spam-filter with simon for e-mail

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 04:37:04 GMT

1. HREF launched .EXE's in IE

2. Don't know why this doesn't work, but

3. Help Wnet API's don't seem to work under WINNT Service Control Manager

4. ACCELERATOR KEYS DON'T WORK WITH OnKeyDown BUT WORK WHEN SPY++ IS RUNNING

5. VIRUS Warning - Don't execute Happy99.exe

6. MIDL2361 error - [vararg] with [optional] parameters don't work in VC++ .NET

7. VC7.0: class template using declarations don't work

8. Discovered the root of my problem...Why don't RichEditControls work on .NET

9. outportb: why don't work?

10. flush stdout don't work

11. why don't this work

12. printf, puts, gets etc don't work when stepping into