Windows installer customization
Author Message
 Windows installer customization

Hi,

sorry if this question does not belong in here.
I'd just like to know if it's possible to create a setup
package that executes a sql script after copying the files.

thanks in advance

marcelo

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:13:17 GMT
 Windows installer customization

Quote:
> sorry if this question does not belong in here.
> I'd just like to know if it's possible to create a setup
> package that executes a sql script after copying the files.

Yes it is. Look in the Help-documentation for "Custom Action". There's an
example in there on how to execute an SQL script stored in a text-file upon
installation. It's not complicated.

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:43:13 GMT
 Windows installer customization
thanks a lot! that's what i'm looking for

marcelo

Quote:

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:11:07 GMT

1. Windows CE File Explorer Customization

2. Customization of Windows Explorer

3. Windows Installer and a summary report

4. Windows Installer

5. Where to post Windows Installer problem

6. Windows Installer secuirty problem

7. Windows Installer

8. windows installer and .net

9. Windows Installer COM object

10. quick and painless Windows 95 installer

11. Redistributing dbghelp.dll via Windows Installer

12. Windows installer on CD-ROM