problems in using classes defined in the project root in subdirs....
Author Message
 problems in using classes defined in the project root in subdirs....

Anyone knows why cant i use in a subdir, a class i had defined in the
project root dir ?...
...i must register the subdir in IIS because it has an diferent
web.config... The project compiles ok, but when i try to run it, it gives me
an error of not find the type or namespace of that class... (the one i
defined in the project root dir)

Anyone can help me ???

thank you

Rui Maia
*********************************

*********************************
WEB: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~rfpm

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:22:56 GMT
 problems in using classes defined in the project root in subdirs....
Rui,

    I think the reason for this is that it is looking for the bin directory
in your sub directory to look for the assembly that has the code-behind
pages compiled into it.  You will need to compile those classes, or make
them accessable in that directory as well (by copying the assembly perhaps).

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Anyone knows why cant i use in a subdir, a class i had defined in the
> project root dir ?...
> ...i must register the subdir in IIS because it has an diferent
> web.config... The project compiles ok, but when i try to run it, it gives
me
> an error of not find the type or namespace of that class... (the one i
> defined in the project root dir)

> Anyone can help me ???

> thank you

> --
> Rui Maia
> *********************************

> *********************************
> WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:21:54 GMT

1. Problem with using IsKindOf against class defined in MFC extension DLL

2. Using #define to change behaviour of dependent projects...

3. #define SQRT(x) : C preprocessor computes square root

4. Using a Class Defined in another DLL

5. Using STL list in a user-defined class

6. using a vector of a user defined class

7. Reference problem when using VB classes with C# classes

8. using C# and VB.NET classes in the same project

9. Newbie Q: Using a pointer to a COM class with in the ATL project

10. using STL classes in a mixed C and C++ project

11. C1001 Encountered When Compiling A Project Using A Class Template In VC++ 6.0

12. Using MFC classes in ATL project