How can you get a progams icon??
Author Message
 How can you get a progams icon??

Can anybody provide a way to get a list of the system icons. I am creating a
Windows Explorer type application and I would like to display the icon
associated with a file.

i.e...
If the list shows an .xls file I want to display the excel icon.
If the list shows an .doc file I want to display the word icon.
etc

Thanks

Trent

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 07:13:34 GMT
 How can you get a progams icon??
Try to consult it in Win32.Programmer subgroup. That is better place for it.

yhhuang
ICQ:91074870

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:07:23 GMT
 How can you get a progams icon??

Quote:
> Can anybody provide a way to get a list of the system icons. I am creating a
> Windows Explorer type application and I would like to display the icon
> associated with a file.

> i.e...
> If the list shows an .xls file I want to display the excel icon.
> If the list shows an .doc file I want to display the word icon.
> etc

> Thanks

From .NET?  You'd probably have to PInvoke SHGetFileInfo.

--
Patrick Steele

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:24:43 GMT
 How can you get a progams icon??
just take a look at my

"Problem about dll import" article and there u will find
the code for getting icons"

it works fine for getting the icons for every thing
except virtual folders like My computer, printers

I am working on that right now and i will publish the code
with in the next days or tomorrow . If u want try for that
the the clue is that uhave to pass th apropriate CLSID key
and then extract the icon from there

have fun programming

Quote:

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:19:20 GMT

1. #progams

2. Protected Mode Progams

3. Help in porting c progams to mac

4. Determining what canned preprocessor symbols are available

6. Help with compiling a "canned" program

7. Canned Dialogs

8. Getting the icon list from Shell32.dll?

9. Getting a menu to pop up where the installed system tray icon is

10. getting and setting the icon for a directory

11. Help with getting an Icon from a file

12. Getting an Icon handle from an exe