register DLL in GAC and COM+
Author Message
 register DLL in GAC and COM+

Hi!
I have a problem!
I work to do a setup program in C#.

One of the requires of this setup program is to register all the dll's from
one directory, into GAC and COM+
These mean, I must do this job automatic, when I run the setup program!
But I don't know how!
Some one know?

Thank you!

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:40:42 GMT
 register DLL in GAC and COM+
Bogdan,

    All you have to do is register the assembly in the GAC.  There should be
a setting in your installer project to set the assemblies up this way.  You
don't have to do the COM+ registration, as the component will register
itself the first time it is called.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Hi!
> I have a problem!
> I work to do a setup program in c#.

> One of the requires of this setup program is to register all the dll's
from
> one directory, into GAC and COM+
> These mean, I must do this job automatic, when I run the setup program!
> But I don't know how!
> Some one know?

> Thank you!

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:55:06 GMT

1. register dll in COM+ and GAC

2. register Dll in COM+ and GAC

3. _CrtIsValidHeapPointer failure while registering a COM dll built with /clr option

4. Can't register DLL directly into COM+ services

5. Registering a COM dll without administrator privileges

6. How To Write A Non Registered COM DLL

7. Registering ATL-based COM .dll

8. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

9. Registering DLL COM at runtime using MTS

10. COM dll builds but doesn't register

11. COM dll's path has problem in register

12. Registering COM DLLs