Is C# Clipping Like C++ Clipping?
Author Message
 Is C# Clipping Like C++ Clipping?

I was sort of under the impression that, while painting a window, the clip
rectangle that you got in "classic" Visual C++ contained only the rectangle
that needed to be repainted.  In C# it appears that the ClipRectangle that
comes through the PaintEventArgs contains <everything> from the edge of the
control being painted to the corresponding edge of the window doing the
obscuring.

i.e. if I drag a window over my control from left to right the clip
information tells me I need to repaint everything to the left of the
obscuring window.  It doesn't seem to be telling me anything about the last
move of the obscuring window.  The net result is that I end up redrawing
pretty much the entire control for even slight movements of the obscuring
window.

Does this seem reasonable???

Thanks,
Bob Cohen

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:45:20 GMT

1. Clipping

2. Newbie Question: Copying HTML content to the clip board

3. graphics / clip regions

4. VC7 RC1 Wizards still show check box and radio button text clipped

5. Clipping output of <double>

6. using the clip board - error

7. clipping algorithm

8. Fastest way to clip signed ints?

9. BGI and Clipping

10. fwrite data structure clips some elements

11. Free Wallpaper, Clip Art and Backgrounds by Robert Thatcher