Email Bulk Send
Author Message
 Email Bulk Send

I'm looking for a direction to go.  I need to build a program that can send
out emails at a very high speed.  I've found some programs that claim to do
200,000 sends in an hour.  I would like to get even half of this or more.
I've found several 3rd party dll's that I could use, that have been written
in or for use in C#.  But my question is, I can't buy any 3rd party
programs, where do I look to find the kind of information I would need to
control sending email at such a low level, that it preforms the quickly?  I
would guess that I would use some type of windows API but I can't find
anything dealing with the sending of email.  I understand also that most of
these things are multithreaded and such, which I can handle.  I'm just stuck
on the actual send.  Anything would be helpful.

Thanks
Jason

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:45:46 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
C# has built in compnents for this in System.Net.Sockets, it's pretty
straight forward, just create a socket to an smtp or mx relay and send. And
to let you know people don't like SPAM and it seems you are creating a
spammer which is illegal to use.

AJC

Quote:
> I'm looking for a direction to go.  I need to build a program that can
send
> out emails at a very high speed.  I've found some programs that claim to
do
> 200,000 sends in an hour.  I would like to get even half of this or more.
> I've found several 3rd party dll's that I could use, that have been
written
> in or for use in C#.  But my question is, I can't buy any 3rd party
> programs, where do I look to find the kind of information I would need to
> control sending email at such a low level, that it preforms the quickly?
> would guess that I would use some type of windows API but I can't find
> anything dealing with the sending of email.  I understand also that most
of
> these things are multithreaded and such, which I can handle.  I'm just
stuck
> on the actual send.  Anything would be helpful.

> Thanks
> Jason

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:57:08 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
It would be more useful to know if there is a C# component that can filter
out and delete this kind of stuff...
gb

Quote:
> I'm looking for a direction to go.  I need to build a program that can
send
> out emails at a very high speed.  I've found some programs that claim to
do
> 200,000 sends in an hour.  I would like to get even half of this or more.
> I've found several 3rd party dll's that I could use, that have been
written
> in or for use in C#.  But my question is, I can't buy any 3rd party
> programs, where do I look to find the kind of information I would need to
> control sending email at such a low level, that it preforms the quickly?
> would guess that I would use some type of windows API but I can't find
> anything dealing with the sending of email.  I understand also that most
of
> these things are multithreaded and such, which I can handle.  I'm just
stuck
> on the actual send.  Anything would be helpful.

> Thanks
> Jason

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:14:50 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
Just to let you know I'm not making a spammer, I'm trying to replace the
current system we use with my own home brew.  So System.Net.Sockets is what
I need, Thanks.

Jason

Quote:
> C# has built in compnents for this in System.Net.Sockets, it's pretty
> straight forward, just create a socket to an smtp or mx relay and send.
And
> to let you know people don't like SPAM and it seems you are creating a
> spammer which is illegal to use.

> AJC

> > I'm looking for a direction to go.  I need to build a program that can
> send
> > out emails at a very high speed.  I've found some programs that claim to
> do
> > 200,000 sends in an hour.  I would like to get even half of this or
more.
> > I've found several 3rd party dll's that I could use, that have been
> written
> > in or for use in C#.  But my question is, I can't buy any 3rd party
> > programs, where do I look to find the kind of information I would need
> > control sending email at such a low level, that it preforms the quickly?
> > would guess that I would use some type of windows API but I can't find
> > anything dealing with the sending of email.  I understand also that most
> of
> > these things are multithreaded and such, which I can handle.  I'm just
> stuck
> > on the actual send.  Anything would be helpful.

> > Thanks
> > Jason

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:50:44 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
Off topic, but... Illegal, or just in bad taste to SPAM....

Quote:
> C# has built in compnents for this in System.Net.Sockets, it's pretty
> straight forward, just create a socket to an smtp or mx relay and send.
And
> to let you know people don't like SPAM and it seems you are creating a
> spammer which is illegal to use.

> AJC

> > I'm looking for a direction to go.  I need to build a program that can
> send
> > out emails at a very high speed.  I've found some programs that claim to
> do
> > 200,000 sends in an hour.  I would like to get even half of this or
more.
> > I've found several 3rd party dll's that I could use, that have been
> written
> > in or for use in C#.  But my question is, I can't buy any 3rd party
> > programs, where do I look to find the kind of information I would need
> > control sending email at such a low level, that it preforms the quickly?
> > would guess that I would use some type of windows API but I can't find
> > anything dealing with the sending of email.  I understand also that most
> of
> > these things are multithreaded and such, which I can handle.  I'm just
> stuck
> > on the actual send.  Anything would be helpful.

> > Thanks
> > Jason

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:27:29 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
What's the Rule of Ethics governing giving erroneous or
malicious advice to someone trying to do something which
you feel is morally or legally wrong? :)

-c

Quote:
> Off topic, but... Illegal, or just in bad taste to SPAM....

> > C# has built in compnents for this in System.Net.Sockets, it's pretty
> > straight forward, just create a socket to an smtp or mx relay and send.
> And
> > to let you know people don't like SPAM and it seems you are creating a
> > spammer which is illegal to use.

> > AJC

> > > I'm looking for a direction to go.  I need to build a program that can
> > send
> > > out emails at a very high speed.  I've found some programs that claim
> > do
> > > 200,000 sends in an hour.  I would like to get even half of this or
> more.
> > > I've found several 3rd party dll's that I could use, that have been
> > written
> > > in or for use in C#.  But my question is, I can't buy any 3rd party
> > > programs, where do I look to find the kind of information I would need
> > > control sending email at such a low level, that it preforms the
quickly?
> > > would guess that I would use some type of windows API but I can't find
> > > anything dealing with the sending of email.  I understand also that
most
> > of
> > > these things are multithreaded and such, which I can handle.  I'm just
> > stuck
> > > on the actual send.  Anything would be helpful.

> > > Thanks
> > > Jason

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:45:04 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
But then, why is your current home brew system trying to send out 100,000
emails per hour?

What are you sending,
who are these lucky (?) millions of recipients,
and why do you think they want to receive it?

gb

Quote:
> Just to let you know I'm not making a spammer, I'm trying to replace the
> current system we use with my own home brew.  So System.Net.Sockets is
what
> I need, Thanks.

> Jason

> > C# has built in compnents for this in System.Net.Sockets, it's pretty
> > straight forward, just create a socket to an smtp or mx relay and send.
> And
> > to let you know people don't like SPAM and it seems you are creating a
> > spammer which is illegal to use.

> > AJC

> > > I'm looking for a direction to go.  I need to build a program that can
> > send
> > > out emails at a very high speed.  I've found some programs that claim
> > do
> > > 200,000 sends in an hour.  I would like to get even half of this or
> more.
> > > I've found several 3rd party dll's that I could use, that have been
> > written
> > > in or for use in C#.  But my question is, I can't buy any 3rd party
> > > programs, where do I look to find the kind of information I would need
> > > control sending email at such a low level, that it preforms the
quickly?
> > > would guess that I would use some type of windows API but I can't find
> > > anything dealing with the sending of email.  I understand also that
most
> > of
> > > these things are multithreaded and such, which I can handle.  I'm just
> > stuck
> > > on the actual send.  Anything would be helpful.

> > > Thanks
> > > Jason

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:28:41 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
I can't speak for him personally, but I can see a need for high-speed
mass-mailing.  The company I'm at now has an in-house credit card and we
allow customers to request email notifications when their monthly statement
is ready for on-line viewing.  Although we have a relatively small
cardholder base (just over 2 million), we do send out over 75,000 email
notifications each month.  Granted, that's a far cry from 100,000/hour, but
if you're a large company - say American Express, Discover, etc - you'd want
a fairly peppy SMTP mailer.  :-)

 - Mark

Quote:
> But then, why is your current home brew system trying to send out 100,000
> emails per hour?

> What are you sending,
> who are these lucky (?) millions of recipients,
> and why do you think they want to receive it?

> gb

> > Just to let you know I'm not making a spammer, I'm trying to replace the
> > current system we use with my own home brew.  So System.Net.Sockets is
> what
> > I need, Thanks.

> > Jason

> > > C# has built in compnents for this in System.Net.Sockets, it's pretty
> > > straight forward, just create a socket to an smtp or mx relay and
send.
> > And
> > > to let you know people don't like SPAM and it seems you are creating a
> > > spammer which is illegal to use.

> > > AJC

> > > send
> > > do
> > more.
> > > written
> quickly?
> most
> > > of
> > > stuck

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:14:25 GMT
 Email Bulk Send
Thank you Mark, like I said before I'm not making a spammer, which means
these are things people actually want, they ask for them.  And there is a
ton of them.  So can anyone really help me with this?  Is there away to
access this information on a low fast level?  And if that answer is sockets
where can I learn more on how to do that?

Jason

Quote:
> I can't speak for him personally, but I can see a need for high-speed
> mass-mailing.  The company I'm at now has an in-house credit card and we
> allow customers to request email notifications when their monthly
statement
> is ready for on-line viewing.  Although we have a relatively small
> cardholder base (just over 2 million), we do send out over 75,000 email
> notifications each month.  Granted, that's a far cry from 100,000/hour,
but
> if you're a large company - say American Express, Discover, etc - you'd
want
> a fairly peppy SMTP mailer.  :-)

>  - Mark

> > But then, why is your current home brew system trying to send out
100,000
> > emails per hour?

> > What are you sending,
> > who are these lucky (?) millions of recipients,
> > and why do you think they want to receive it?

> > gb

> > > Just to let you know I'm not making a spammer, I'm trying to replace
the
> > > current system we use with my own home brew.  So System.Net.Sockets is
> > what
> > > I need, Thanks.

> > > Jason

> send.
> > > And

> can
> claim
> > > more.
> need
> > quickly?
> find
> > most
> just

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:30:06 GMT

1. Send Bulk Email

2. sending email from MFC dialog. (automatically send an email)

3. C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages

4. Send SMTP Email _WITHOUT IIS_?

5. Sending a multipart/alternative email in C#

6. sending email from within an application...

7. Export a Crystal Report and send it by email

8. Attempting To Send Email From ASPX Web Form

9. Sending email

10. sending email

11. sending email within Notes environment

12. how to send an Email via SMTP (with attached file)