Compiling,assembling,deploying thru command line NOT thru VS.NET
Author Message
 Compiling,assembling,deploying thru command line NOT thru VS.NET

While I have the MS Visual Studio .NET IDE,
I'd like to first get knowlege of how all of these .NET components
work together to create an application.

Is there any URL that documents compiling, linking, deploying a C#
application from the command line... thru WordPad and batch files?
I'd like to get a 'background'/theoretical view before going on to the
IDE.

thank  you
roger

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:04:59 GMT
 Compiling,assembling,deploying thru command line NOT thru VS.NET
It's all in the Framework SDK documentation. Look under the section
"Compiler and Language Reference". The SDK documentation is installed when
you install the SDK, which is also part of VS.NET or it is available online
at the MSDN Library [1]

HTH,
--
Christoph Schittko
Software Architect

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library

Quote:
> While I have the MS Visual Studio .NET IDE,
> I'd like to first get knowlege of how all of these .NET components
> work together to create an application.

> Is there any URL that documents compiling, linking, deploying a C#
> application from the command line... thru WordPad and batch files?
> I'd like to get a 'background'/theoretical view before going on to the
> IDE.

> thank  you
> roger

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:01:53 GMT
 Compiling,assembling,deploying thru command line NOT thru VS.NET
I think it's a good approach you're taking

Here's a start on command line compiling:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/csco...

There are tons of articles and threads about how assemblies work together
and how you can assemble and use code files, modules and assemblies.  A lot
of the information available online is not specific to VS.NET, although I
don't have any other URLs handy.

Richard

Quote:
> While I have the MS Visual Studio .NET IDE,
> I'd like to first get knowlege of how all of these .NET components
> work together to create an application.

> Is there any URL that documents compiling, linking, deploying a C#
> application from the command line... thru WordPad and batch files?
> I'd like to get a 'background'/theoretical view before going on to the
> IDE.

> thank  you
> roger

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:11:53 GMT
 Compiling,assembling,deploying thru command line NOT thru VS.NET

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compiling,assembling,deploying thru command line NOT thru VS.NET
Quote:

>While I have the MS Visual Studio .NET IDE,
>I'd like to first get knowlege of how all of these .NET components
>work together to create an application.

>Is there any URL that documents compiling, linking, deploying a C#
>application from the command line... thru WordPad and batch files?
>I'd like to get a 'background'/theoretical view before going on to the
>IDE.

>thank  you
>roger

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:57:05 GMT

1. Issuing DOS commands thru C-code

2. Need to send custom command thru WININET FtpConnection

3. Need to send custom command thru WININET FtpConnection

4. Access file thru line number

5. F4 to jump thru find results or compiler errors (like in VS 6)

6. Help with database access(sql server) thru vc++.net/mfc

7. Using command-line tools in VS.NET

8. OT: VS.NET - Deploy Web Applcation @ Site Root ??

9. Passing document info thru to the server

10. loop thru hashtable...

11. looping thru enumerator

12. Sending files thru activesync programmatically.