reinstall IIS - how to get ASPX files to work again - ASP does work
Author Message
 reinstall IIS - how to get ASPX files to work again - ASP does work

W2K, SP2, IIS 5.0

1. ASP files work.
2. ASPX files do not execute Code Behind/Script
3. ASPX files used to work on my machine, until I had to
re-install IIS. Now they don't.
4. I can't re-install the .NET Framework because it is
already installed, and errors when you run the setup again.
5. I'd like to avoid uninstall Visual Studio.NET

Any ideas on how to get ASP.NET web pages running again?

THanks in advance!!

-Mark

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:23:49 GMT
 reinstall IIS - how to get ASPX files to work again - ASP does work

Quote:
> 3. ASPX files used to work on my machine, until I had to
> re-install IIS. Now they don't.

Use aspnet_regiis.exe. There's doc in ms.com, search by aspnet_regiis

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:41:41 GMT
 reinstall IIS - how to get ASPX files to work again - ASP does work
Mark,

    You really should uninstall VS.NET and the framework, and reinstall it.
It will be more of a pain in the a$$ to setup the entries required again for
the framework (as well as reinstalling the files) than it would be to
uninstall the framework and reinstall it.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> W2K, SP2, IIS 5.0

> 1. ASP files work.
> 2. ASPX files do not execute Code Behind/Script
> 3. ASPX files used to work on my machine, until I had to
> re-install IIS. Now they don't.
> 4. I can't re-install the .NET Framework because it is
> already installed, and errors when you run the setup again.
> 5. I'd like to avoid uninstall Visual Studio.NET

> Any ideas on how to get ASP.NET web pages running again?

> THanks in advance!!

> -Mark

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:41:24 GMT
 reinstall IIS - how to get ASPX files to work again - ASP does work
    Even better than my solution!

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> > 3. ASPX files used to work on my machine, until I had to
> > re-install IIS. Now they don't.

> Use aspnet_regiis.exe. There's doc in ms.com, search by aspnet_regiis

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:45:43 GMT
 reinstall IIS - how to get ASPX files to work again - ASP does work
Worked GREAT!!!! Thanks for saving me LOTS of time!!
-Mark

Quote:

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 22:34:36 GMT
 reinstall IIS - how to get ASPX files to work again - ASP does work
It's also better than the solution provided on the VS.NET CD's (at least the
C++ and C# ones). They include a webpage linked from the readme that has a
long command line to force a reinstall of the .NET Framework.

-Sean

Quote:
>     Even better than my solution!

> --
>                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> > > 3. ASPX files used to work on my machine, until I had to
> > > re-install IIS. Now they don't.

> > Use aspnet_regiis.exe. There's doc in ms.com, search by aspnet_regiis

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:03:45 GMT

1. com talking to DDe works in C++ but not from IIS/asp

2. com talking to DDe works in C++ but not from IIS/asp

3. Can't retrieve cookies in .cs file, but works in aspx page

4. Q147740 CWnd work-around doesn't work with control that uses lic file

5. ATL-object doesnt work in IIS/ W2000

6. OutputDebugString() does not work in IIS CGI apps?

7. NetUserChangePassword() does not work on IIS 4 NT 4

8. NetUserChangePassword() does not work on IIS 4 NT 4

9. Problems navigating to Default.aspx through IIS.

10. C# ASPX vs. IIS 5.1

11. Where is the rough work done?

12. Done it - Quick C now works