Registering C# type library in COM+ fails
Author Message
 Registering C# type library in COM+ fails

Help,

I am tryin to register a C# compiled dll and tlb in COM+
running win2k sp3 and .net framework sp2. The reason for
this is because I am using BizTalk is not deployable
within the .net framework. I tried to drag and drop into
an empty COM+ but nothing happens, then I tried to
register via cmd line (regsvr32
C:\IB\Components\AIC\AppInt.dll) but that gives a warning
 box " DllregisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt
version of the dll may be in memory, consider using PView
to detect and remove. " Idont have the development
environment on this server and I cant figure out why
itwont register. Anyone else have this
problem?????????????/

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:13:33 GMT
 Registering C# type library in COM+ fails
Hi Brian,

To register .NET service component in COM+ catalog, use regsvcs.exe instead
of regsvr32 (as it is a managed DLL). Here is some reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconregistering...
dcomponents.asp

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer
--------------------

| Subject: Registering C# type library in COM+ fails
| Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:13:33 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Help,
|
| I am tryin to register a C# compiled dll and tlb in COM+
| running win2k sp3 and .net framework sp2. The reason for
| this is because I am using BizTalk is not deployable
| within the .net framework. I tried to drag and drop into
| an empty COM+ but nothing happens, then I tried to
| register via cmd line (regsvr32
| C:\IB\Components\AIC\AppInt.dll) but that gives a warning
|  box " DllregisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt
| version of the dll may be in memory, consider using PView
| to detect and remove. " Idont have the development
| environment on this server and I cant figure out why
| itwont register. Anyone else have this
| problem?????????????/

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:36:25 GMT

1. Failing to register a COM component in Release build

2. ATL COM DLL failing to self-register

3. COM object failed to registered

4. ATL/COM object registers fine in PPC, fails in PPC02

5. Debug version of ATL COM DLL fails to register, MinDependency OK

6. Registering a type library

7. registering type libraries

8. register and unregister COM object in C# code

9. Typel Library not registeting when COM .exe registers

10. MIDL2020 : error generating type library : LayOut failed

11. COM interface OK in VB6 but fails with type mismatch in VBScript

12. Fail to call COM objects into C# web applications