need input ASP versus ASP.NET
Author Message
 need input ASP versus ASP.NET

Greetings!

Any help listing ASP.NET's advantages over ASP would be greatly appreciated!

thx

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:27:16 GMT
 need input ASP versus ASP.NET
To start with,
    (1) Get "A Preview of Active Server Pages+", Anderson et al, Wrox
    (2) Search the web for "ASP+",  ".Net", and "C#", using a search engine
that doesn't drop punctuation.  (I single out C# because it's new, try
"VB.NET" also.)
    (3) Search the MS dotnet newsgroups for "which" and "better"
    (4) Start at http://www.microsoft.com and read all the MS marketing
stuff

- Dan

Quote:
> Greetings!

> Any help listing ASP.NET's advantages over ASP would be greatly
appreciated!

> thx

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:27:57 GMT
 need input ASP versus ASP.NET
I was hoping for some additions from the group here.
I've used, it, and read most of the text.

But there are things I haven't verified...
Session states across a web farm.
Potential production problems with millions of hits.
Cleaning up of memory in runtime mode.
Closing connections to sql server with many simultaneous hits.
etc.

thx

Quote:
> To start with,
>     (1) Get "A Preview of Active Server Pages+", Anderson et al, Wrox
>     (2) Search the web for "ASP+",  ".Net", and "C#", using a search
engine
> that doesn't drop punctuation.  (I single out C# because it's new, try
> "VB.NET" also.)
>     (3) Search the MS dotnet newsgroups for "which" and "better"
>     (4) Start at http://www.microsoft.com and read all the MS marketing
> stuff

> - Dan

> > Greetings!

> > Any help listing ASP.NET's advantages over ASP would be greatly
> appreciated!

> > thx

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:30:15 GMT

1. How to call VB.net and ASP.net programs in MFC?(or,asp call vc)

2. Integrated Session Management for ASP.NET and ASP 3.0

3. Asp vs Asp.Net (Field access)

4. writing C# assambly for COM+ and use it by asp/vb/asp.net

5. Accessing ASP(not ASP.Net) built-in objects with C#

6. announcement: need an asp.net developer in Dallas

7. Login Security ASP.NET - Need help on a idea - Thanks

8. ASP.NET Authenticating Proxy HTTP Scraping example needed

9. ATL and ASP objects - IScriptingContext versus IObjectContext

10. ASP.NET application with Windows.NET RC1

11. ASP.NET (ADO.NET) connect to remote MS Access Database

12. .net server controls for access from asp.net