Application.ProductVersion
Author Message
 Application.ProductVersion

Does anyone know where or how to set the Application information ie.
ProductVersion, CompanyName,ProductName in C# .NetB2; I have looked
everywhere????And if you try to set thru code it is readonly?

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:27:10 GMT
 Application.ProductVersion
My best guess is that you set it in AssemblyInfo.cs, in the AssemblyVersion
attribute.

Bob Cohen

Quote:
> Does anyone know where or how to set the Application information ie.
> ProductVersion, CompanyName,ProductName in C# .NetB2; I have looked
> everywhere????And if you try to set thru code it is readonly?

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:54:38 GMT
 Application.ProductVersion
If you mean to put this info in the Registry you can do so by adding
this : using Microsoft.Win32;   to your program, Note that I haven't done
this myself yet so this might have errors:

RegistryKey lm = Registry.LocalMachine;
RegistryKey software = lm.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE");
software.CreateSubKey("YourProgram");
RegistryKey myProgram = software.OpenSubKey("YourProgram");
myProgram.SetValue("AppVersion",1.0);

hope this helps,
Dade

Quote:
> Does anyone know where or how to set the Application information ie.
> ProductVersion, CompanyName,ProductName in C# .NetB2; I have looked
> everywhere????And if you try to set thru code it is readonly?

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 05:19:25 GMT

1. Reading the productversion of my application

2. how to set CompanyName, ProductName, ProductVersion

3. Determining ProductVersion using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO

4. Obtaining FileVersion / ProductVersion from the version resource in Visual C++ 5.0

5. Are ProductVersion and FileVersion described any place?

6. How do I programmatically get ProductVersion in Resource's VS_VERSION_INFO?

7. Finding ProductVersion of dll's & exe's

8. Application Class in legacy Windows applications

9. Get application path from Windows Service Application

10. Windows application works fine but not the web application

11. running windows application from another windows application

12. Application.Exit Does Not Terminate Application