debug .dll in .NET
Author Message
 debug .dll in .NET

Hi, there,

I have a project with the output type .dll, I have another .exe which call
the class in this .dll, how can I debug this .dll to see how it works?

Thanks a lot.

-May

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 03:09:29 GMT
 debug .dll in .NET
If you want to understand how the class in the dll works, why not just
disassemble it using ILDasm?

HTH,
Tom

Quote:
> Hi, there,

> I have a project with the output type .dll, I have another .exe which call
> the class in this .dll, how can I debug this .dll to see how it works?

> Thanks a lot.

> -May

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:22:32 GMT
 debug .dll in .NET
If you wrote the dll and the exe, and have the source to both, then you can
step through any code in both projects using the integrated de{*filter*} in VS.NET.
You need do nothing special.

--Bob

Quote:
> Hi, there,

> I have a project with the output type .dll, I have another .exe which call
> the class in this .dll, how can I debug this .dll to see how it works?

> Thanks a lot.

> -May

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 04:38:05 GMT

1. Installation of VC++.NET DLLs (including debug DLLs)

2. calling from non-net C++ DLL to .net DLL and back

3. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

4. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

5. Debugging code linked to non-debug versions of DLLs

6. Debigging non-debug process and debug DLL

7. NON-debug DLLs in debug

8. Debugging child process, Startup .EXE for debugging DLL

9. How to access and debug a C# dll from a C dll

10. debugging vb6 dll from c# dll

11. Debug DLL called by DLL

12. Debug a DLL called by a DLL