Extending the IE Context Menu
Author Message
 Extending the IE Context Menu

Subject: Extending the IE Context Menu
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2002 01:28

Hi,

I want to add some additional functionality to IE like Getright for
instance.
I am aware that an entry has to be entered into
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt in the
registry but not much more than that

First of all can the program that executes on the selection of the context
menu item be an exe or does it have to be a COM dll.
Second how do you pass parameters to the program

Is there any material on this. I couldnt find anything in MSDN

Your help pls!

- Tariq

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 03:31:55 GMT
 Extending the IE Context Menu
Hello Tariq,

In the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\, you may
specify a DHTML object with script code loading your application. Also, you
can get the parameters from the scrip code and pass them to your
application. You may refer to the following two articles to get more
detailed information about this topic:

HOWTO: Adding to the Standard Context Menus of the WebBrowser Control
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q177241&

Customizing Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
http://www.microsoft.com/mind/1199/cutting/cutting1199.asp

I hope this is helpful for you.

Best regards,

Lion Shi [MS}
MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use.  2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

    Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:31:55 +0600

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp