Can not create web application (ASP.NET using C#)
Author Message
 Can not create web application (ASP.NET using C#)

I've installed VS.NET on a Windows 2000 Professional and have IIS running on
the box. Do I have so set something up in order to create Web applications
using C#?

If I try to create an ASP.NET project using C#, I get the following error
(titled Web Access Failed):

The default Web access mode for this project et set to FrontPage, but the
project folder at 'http://localhost/WebApplication2' cannot be opened with
FrontPage. The error returned was:

            Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication2'. Objet Not Found.

I get to possibility to try to open the project with a file share path
located at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication2. This gives this error (still
Web Access Failed):

The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
project folder at 'http://localhost/WebApplication2 cannot be opened with
the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication2'. The error returned was:

            Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication2'. The file path
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication2' does not correspond to the URL
'http://localhost/WebApplication2'. Thw two need to map to the same server
location. HTTP Error 404: Object Not Found.

What do I do wrong?

Best regards,

Benny Tordrup

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 05:30:45 GMT

1. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App

2. Accessing ASP(not ASP.Net) built-in objects with C#

3. Error on .NET walkthrough: Walkthrough: Creating a Web Application Using Visual

4. Creating C# DLL to be used by non .NET application

5. ASP.NET Web Application

6. Error while running ASP.NET Web Application.....

7. asp.net using Web service

8. how to create c#, asp.net application without global.asa*

9. Cobranding Passport-login-page using ASP .NET and C#

10. Using Crystal Report in ASP.net with C#

11. ASP.NET using C# - Delete all files with same extension with one call

12. ASP.NET question, using C#