Attempting To Send Email From ASPX Web Form
Author Message
 Attempting To Send Email From ASPX Web Form

I am attempting to send an email from an ASPX web form.
I am using the SMTP Mail class.  When I do I get the
following error:

Cannot access CDO.Message object

Here is a sample of the code:

SmtpMail.Send

");

When I use this same line of code in a console
application it works great.  I even attempted to
impersonate an administrator account before executing the
line of code and still got the same answer.  Does anyone
have a clue as to why I might see this behavoir.  Are
there any local security settings that I mnight to have
set in order to send an email in this manner.

Thanks in advance,
James

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:59:58 GMT
 Attempting To Send Email From ASPX Web Form
James,

    In order to use the SMTP classes, you need to have CDO installed on your
machine.  Can you verify that it is?

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Quote:
> I am attempting to send an email from an ASPX web form.
> I am using the SMTP Mail class.  When I do I get the
> following error:

> Cannot access CDO.Message object

> Here is a sample of the code:

> SmtpMail.Send

> ");

> When I use this same line of code in a console
> application it works great.  I even attempted to
> impersonate an administrator account before executing the
> line of code and still got the same answer.  Does anyone
> have a clue as to why I might see this behavoir.  Are
> there any local security settings that I mnight to have
> set in order to send an email in this manner.

> Thanks in advance,
> James

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:09:01 GMT

1. Sending email from C web script

2. Program to convert simple html forms to aspx form controls

3. Web Based Class Browser Question - classbrowser.aspx

4. Securing ASPX pages that use web services

5. Windows Forms to Web Forms

6. Web form textbox Vs Windows form textbox.....

7. send data form to form

8. How can I send aspx page content (the html) as email?

9. How to send ds as XML file in an email from aspx pg?

10. sending email from MFC dialog. (automatically send an email)

11. Email agent and Web browser for DOS - please help

12. Free Web Host and Email Server EXCLUSIVELY for Developers