Practice Project
Author Message
 Practice Project

Since my resume doesn't have any bullets with real world experience, I was
thinking that I could have a project that I did on my own to prove my
abilities.  Also, things like the Quickstart tutorials and books move too
slowly and I loose interest too quickly.  Unfortunately, coming up with an
idea for such a thing is not my strong point.  I was hoping maybe some of
you all could give me some ideas for a .net project that could prove my
abilities as well as give me some practice.

TIA
Troy

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:12:58 GMT
 Practice Project

Quote:

>I was hoping maybe some of
>you all could give me some ideas for a .net project that could prove my
>abilities as well as give me some practice.

Download the mail components mail.net at www.abderaware.com and write a nice
email program. :-)

--

*--------={ Fine Art for .NET }=--------*

*---------------------------------------*

       Turn on, tune in, download.

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:44:43 GMT
 Practice Project

Quote:
> Since my resume doesn't have any bullets with real world experience, I was
> thinking that I could have a project that I did on my own to prove my
> abilities.  Also, things like the Quickstart tutorials and books move too
> slowly and I loose interest too quickly.  Unfortunately, coming up with an
> idea for such a thing is not my strong point.  I was hoping maybe some of
> you all could give me some ideas for a .net project that could prove my
> abilities as well as give me some practice.

I always think about a project that I can use around the house
and then go WAY overboard on it =)

For example, I'm a very unorganized person, so I needed a very
specific task management application. I know there are many out there,
but I decided I'd build one myself that suited my needs. I made it a
3-tier webapp that also exposed web services so that I could
enter/edit tasks remotely.

Another example of something I've been thinking about is a car
maintenance scheduler. Something that, perhaps ties in with my
task app, reminds me of when I need to perform various maintenance
and such.

-c

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:54:50 GMT

1. OOPC on large projects, in practice?

2. MORE Practice Programming Projects: a listing

3. THANKS! or Practice Progamming Projects 2

4. Practice Programming Projects

5. Best Practice - OO

6. C#and .NET coding practices

7. Best practice in Windows Forms?

8. Data access 'BEST' practice

9. OT: HUMOR Klingon Coding Practices

10. Best Practices Question - Interacting with VB, C#, C++

11. code review practices

12. Advice on best practice for header file organization?