How do I run an external app from within C#?
Author Message
 How do I run an external app from within C#?

Hi

My problem is a simple one but I can't find the answer anywhere. How do I
run an external app from within a C# program?

In VB there is the shell command eg

Shell("notepad.exe")

but I can't find any equivalent in C#.

Please help as this is really frustrating me

thanks

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:15:19 GMT
 How do I run an external app from within C#?
Look at the process class (found in System.Diagnostics).

Process objProc = Process.Start("notepad.exe");
--

Ryan Farley
Lead Application Developer

Hi

My problem is a simple one but I can't find the answer anywhere. How do I
run an external app from within a C# program?

In VB there is the shell command eg

Shell("notepad.exe")

but I can't find any equivalent in C#.

Please help as this is really frustrating me

thanks

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:14:32 GMT
 How do I run an external app from within C#?
Excellent thats just what I needed. Thanks

Quote:
> Look at the process class (found in System.Diagnostics).

> Process objProc = Process.Start("notepad.exe");
> --

> Ryan Farley
> Lead Application Developer
> Customer FX Corporation

> Hi

> My problem is a simple one but I can't find the answer anywhere. How do I
> run an external app from within a C# program?

> In VB there is the shell command eg

> Shell("notepad.exe")

> but I can't find any equivalent in C#.

> Please help as this is really frustrating me

> thanks

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:37:04 GMT

1. Run console app from within my gui app

2. Running console app from within a win32 app

3. Running console app from within a win32 app

4. New C# Source Code Sample - Running JScript.NET Code from C# Apps

5. Running a Command from within C#

6. launching a console app from within a C# application

7. Problem running C# app on Win98

8. C# App won't run in Win98

9. can't run C# apps through Task Scheduler on win2k

10. run C# app without .Net?

11. running win32 apps and dos apps from a menu app

12. Launch a .NET app from within an app