Problem accessing user control element from javascript
Author Message
 Problem accessing user control element from javascript

I have created a simple javascript based menu and would like to use it
within my ASP+ app. Since the menu is to be used on several pages I would
like to create a user control and simply place it on each page. The user
control can also dynamically builld the javascript arrays used to define the
DHTML-based menu. The toolbar control is not the style I am looking for. Now
I can get the menu to work if I hard code the arrays into .js files. However
what I would like to do is build the arrays dynamically and save their
values in hidden text boxes which are part of the user control. Then the
main .js file would eval these text boxe values and create the necessary
javascript arrays. The problem is that the text box objects result in a name
like CtrlMainMenu1:MainArray. This name is not a valid javascript variable
and thus I can not reference it from javascript. Any ideas on a work around?

Thanks

Bill

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:48:19 GMT

1. User defined control element in dialog resource

2. Problems with array elements from user input, please help

3. Accesses to a Com Dll and to a ActiveX Control Element

4. accessing param elements of an object tag from an activex control:

5. Problem to send string from JavaScript to ActiveX control

6. Horrible user control bug stripped all user controls from my project

7. Owner-draw for control elements - problem

8. Access key on user control

9. User Controls: Accessing Properties (a slightly different point of view)

10. How can I access javascript in ATL?

11. user change or change user rights for MS ACCESS DB with DAO (MFC)

12. Serialization of User-Defined Elements