Microsoft Internet Web Control TabStrip SelectIndexChange Event
Author Message
 Microsoft Internet Web Control TabStrip SelectIndexChange Event

I think that I may have hit a bug with the (unsupported)
Microsoft Internet Web Control (version 1.0.2.226) .Net
Framework Component.

When you click on a Tab (within the TabStrip), this is
suppose to trigger the SelectedIndexChange event handler.

Within the event handler method, the following code is in
place:
switch(this.TabStrip1.SelectedIndex)
{
case 0:
        this.Page.Response.Redirect("./AAA.htm",false);
        break;
case 1:
        this.Page.Response.Redirect("./BBB.htm",false);
        break;
case 3:
        this.Page.Response.Redirect("./CCC.htm",false);
        break;
case 4:
        this.Page.Response.Redirect("./DDD.htm",false);
        break;
case 5:
        this.Page.Response.Redirect("./EEE.htm",false);
        break;
default:
        break;

Quote:
}

Unfortunately, when you click on any of the tabs nothing
happens - none of the cases in the switch case are
invoked. I have set the TabIndex property for each Tab so
that it corresponds with its respective switch case.

Even implementing a client side script to handle the
event does nothing either.

The knowledge base articles for this issue are not
solving the problem.

I have confirmed that the release of the component is
compatible with the installed version of Visual
Studio .Net and with the installed version of the .Net
Framework.

Any suggestions?

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 04:20:57 GMT
 Microsoft Internet Web Control TabStrip SelectIndexChange Event
What is the value of this.TabStrip1.SelectedIndex before the switch
statement.
do something like alert(this.TabStrip1.SelectedIndex) or
response.write(this.TabStrip1.SelectedIndex). That's the first place to
start.

Quote:
> I think that I may have hit a bug with the (unsupported)
> Microsoft Internet Web Control (version 1.0.2.226) .Net
> Framework Component.

> When you click on a Tab (within the TabStrip), this is
> suppose to trigger the SelectedIndexChange event handler.

> Within the event handler method, the following code is in
> place:
> switch(this.TabStrip1.SelectedIndex)
> {
> case 0:
> this.Page.Response.Redirect("./AAA.htm",false);
> break;
> case 1:
> this.Page.Response.Redirect("./BBB.htm",false);
> break;
> case 3:
> this.Page.Response.Redirect("./CCC.htm",false);
> break;
> case 4:
> this.Page.Response.Redirect("./DDD.htm",false);
> break;
> case 5:
> this.Page.Response.Redirect("./EEE.htm",false);
> break;
> default:
> break;
> }

> Unfortunately, when you click on any of the tabs nothing
> happens - none of the cases in the switch case are
> invoked. I have set the TabIndex property for each Tab so
> that it corresponds with its respective switch case.

> Even implementing a client side script to handle the
> event does nothing either.

> The knowledge base articles for this issue are not
> solving the problem.

> I have confirmed that the release of the component is
> compatible with the installed version of Visual
> Studio .Net and with the installed version of the .Net
> Framework.

> Any suggestions?

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:42:09 GMT
 Microsoft Internet Web Control TabStrip SelectIndexChange Event

and posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp:

Do you have the following in the "iewc:tabstrip" tag in the HTML?
autopostback="True"
onselectedindexchange="TabStrip1_SelectedIndexChange"

Also this in the Page class:
protected Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabStrip TabStrip1;

William

Quote:
>I think that I may have hit a bug with the (unsupported)
>Microsoft Internet Web Control (version 1.0.2.226) .Net
>Framework Component.

>When you click on a Tab (within the TabStrip), this is
>suppose to trigger the SelectedIndexChange event handler.

>Within the event handler method, the following code is in
>place:
>switch(this.TabStrip1.SelectedIndex)
>{
>case 0:
>    this.Page.Response.Redirect("./AAA.htm",false);
>    break;
>case 1:
>    this.Page.Response.Redirect("./BBB.htm",false);
>    break;
>case 3:
>    this.Page.Response.Redirect("./CCC.htm",false);
>    break;
>case 4:
>    this.Page.Response.Redirect("./DDD.htm",false);
>    break;
>case 5:
>    this.Page.Response.Redirect("./EEE.htm",false);
>    break;
>default:
>    break;
>}

>Unfortunately, when you click on any of the tabs nothing
>happens - none of the cases in the switch case are
>invoked. I have set the TabIndex property for each Tab so
>that it corresponds with its respective switch case.

>Even implementing a client side script to handle the
>event does nothing either.

>The knowledge base articles for this issue are not
>solving the problem.

>I have confirmed that the release of the component is
>compatible with the installed version of Visual
>Studio .Net and with the installed version of the .Net
>Framework.

>Any suggestions?

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:51:03 GMT

1. Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.{MultiPage, TabStrip}

2. A question about events and the Microsoft Web Browser Control

3. Microsoft Internet Transfer Control & C#

4. Implementing the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control

5. CHTMLView vs Microsoft Web Browser control

6. Microsoft Web Browser Control (ActiveX) in a CPropertyPage

7. q: Microsoft Web Control

8. Announcing the Release of the V1 Microsoft IE Web Controls for ASP.NET

9. Problem with Microsoft Web Browser Control and c#

10. Internet Explorer Events with Browser Control in MFC ?

11. Catching events from dynamically created web controls

12. Events from ActiveX control to containing web object