Distributed Transactions using the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle
Author Message
 Distributed Transactions using the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle

I've already posted this request on microsoft.public.mts.programming but
with no response so I'm trying this news group.

Regarding the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle, when will the updated
version of Mtxoci.dll supporting distributed transactions be available?
Please refer to Q322343, which can be found here
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;en-us;322343

Thanks,
Michael

Sun, 22 May 2005 23:36:10 GMT
 Distributed Transactions using the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle
Michael,

    I doubt you will get an answer, only because Microsoft doesn't comment
on release dates (it's something you hear all too often).  The best thing
you could do if you need it now is use the OLE-DB provider, like they
recommend.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Quote:
> I've already posted this request on microsoft.public.mts.programming but
> with no response so I'm trying this news group.

> Regarding the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle, when will the updated
> version of Mtxoci.dll supporting distributed transactions be available?
> Please refer to Q322343, which can be found here
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322343

> Thanks,
> Michael

Sun, 22 May 2005 23:43:36 GMT
 Distributed Transactions using the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle

Michael,

Oracle moved away from the OCI based transactions and per Oracle 8 and 9 it supports OLE-TX (the protocol that MS-DTC uses) which makes MTXOCI.DLL obsolete.
Oracle has a product named "Oracle Services for MTS" http://otn.oracle.com/tech/windows/ora_mts/htdocs/oramtsfov9i.html which allows you to integrate transactions.
As far as I know Microsoft will not be updating the MTXOCI.DLL for .NET usage.

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2002 All rights reserved.

Quote:

> I've already posted this request on microsoft.public.mts.programming but
> with no response so I'm trying this news group.

> Regarding the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle, when will the updated
> version of Mtxoci.dll supporting distributed transactions be available?
> Please refer to Q322343, which can be found here
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322343

> Thanks,
> Michael

Wed, 25 May 2005 16:33:00 GMT

1. Microsoft Transaction Server and .Net

2. OT: Icons for ADO .Net Provider components

3. ADO.NET problems in my C# and Oracle 8i program

4. Customized data provider on top of ADO using C++

5. Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 by Microsoft Press

6. Visual C++.NET: Using ADO.NET-Invalid Connnection

7. Using Oracle Programmer 2000 with Microsoft Visual C++ 4.2 or 5.0

8. Help: Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO?

9. problem accesing ORacle Using ADO in MTS

10. Insert blob data into oracle using ADO

11. Using OLE DB or ADO to connect Oracle and SQL Server

12. Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you