Moving code from Beta2 to RTM
Author Message
 Moving code from Beta2 to RTM

Hi,

I have created a web service in C# in the Beta 2 Version. I also used Visual
Studio.NET Beta 2.

I would like to have the the web service, that I created using the Beta 2
tools, run on the final version of the .NET framework, which I have
downloaded and installed on a different server. I have duplicated the
directory structure and copied the files (.aspx, .cs, .dll, etc.) to the
other server but I get an error when I try to run it.

So I need some advice on how to make this work.
Thanks in advance.

Here is the error:

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'MyWebService.Service1'.

Source Error:

Class="MyWebService.Service1" %>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebService\WebService\Service1.asmx
Line: 1

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:47:12 GMT
 Moving code from Beta2 to RTM
Just re-compile it

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have created a web service in C# in the Beta 2 Version. I also used
Visual
> Studio.NET Beta 2.

> I would like to have the the web service, that I created using the Beta 2
> tools, run on the final version of the .NET framework, which I have
> downloaded and installed on a different server. I have duplicated the
> directory structure and copied the files (.aspx, .cs, .dll, etc.) to the
> other server but I get an error when I try to run it.

> So I need some advice on how to make this work.
> Thanks in advance.

> Here is the error:

> Parser Error
> service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
> details and modify your source file appropriately.

> Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'MyWebService.Service1'.

> Source Error:

> Class="MyWebService.Service1" %>

> Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebService\WebService\Service1.asmx
> Line: 1

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:19:10 GMT

1. Back to VS.Net beta2, there was a code share plugin featured browsing code from Internet

2. Converting Beta1 code to Beta2 (forms)

3. Beta2 C# breaks this code

4. C7 RTM Compiler Bug

5. SharpDevelop .87, NCvs, NZipLib, NCvsLibrary /RTM Version

6. RTM: DirectorySearcher no longer produces results in web apps

7. RTM Bug: If statement - reproducable

8. Where to get Embedded VC++ 4.0 RTM?

9. Unit Testing for RTM?

10. csc.exe didn't get added to paths in RTM VS.NET

11. GIANT SECURITY HOLE IN RTM!

12. SystemInformation.HighContrast broken in RTM?