register dll in COM+ and GAC
Author Message
 register dll in COM+ and GAC

I have some dll's and I want to register programatic in COM+ and GAC
What must contains these dll's for do this or
what is the code in exe application to do this!
Thank you

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:24:33 GMT
 register dll in COM+ and GAC
Bogdan,

    You can not register assemblies programatically into the GAC in .NET.
You either have to use the GAC utility (which is recommended for DEV
purposes only) or have the assemblies installed in a Windows Installer
package.

    To register ServicedComponents, you really don't have to, they will
register themselves the first time they are used.  If you want to
pre-register them, you can use the RegistrationHelper class in the
System.EnterpriseServices namespace.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> I have some dll's and I want to register programatic in COM+ and GAC
> What must contains these dll's for do this or
> what is the code in exe application to do this!
> Thank you

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:02:17 GMT

1. register Dll in COM+ and GAC

2. register DLL in GAC and COM+

3. _CrtIsValidHeapPointer failure while registering a COM dll built with /clr option

4. Can't register DLL directly into COM+ services

5. Registering a COM dll without administrator privileges

6. How To Write A Non Registered COM DLL

7. Registering ATL-based COM .dll

8. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

9. Registering DLL COM at runtime using MTS

10. COM dll builds but doesn't register

11. COM dll's path has problem in register

12. Registering COM DLLs