Using a COM object in .NET that calls back to the invoking .NET class
Author Message
 Using a COM object in .NET that calls back to the invoking .NET class

Hi.

I have a COM component that I have been using to do some complicated
printing in 32 bit windows applications.  The existing application creates
the printing component and passes it a controling object that is responsible
to looking up other COM objects.  Basically the print component late binds
to a bunch of different lookup objects (assuming they support a few
interface methods).

In the new environment, the report component is going to remain as a COM
component, but the application is now .NET, and the lookup objects are C#
classes.  I need the .NET application to create the COM reporting component
(I can do that).  Then the reporting component needs to be able to late bind
to a bunch of different C# lookup classes that all support the same
interface.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks.

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:55:07 GMT

1. calling from non-net C++ DLL to .net DLL and back

2. Calling a COM call back object's method fails if it is in Windows 98

3. using a .net class library from vb.net

4. Using existing COM Objects in .NET

5. Invoking COM object from COM object

6. How to call VB.net and ASP.net programs in MFC?(or,asp call vc)

7. .NET: COM vs NET

8. Problems with .net classes and encapsulation in visual c++.net

9. Build COM object in C++.NET

10. Creating COM objects in C++.NET

11. Debugging my COM object in .NET app

12. migrating com object from vc 6 to vc .NET