install vs.net with VS 6.0 still present?
Author Message
 install vs.net with VS 6.0 still present?

Is it safe to install VS.NET when you already have a copy of VS 6.0 and you want
to continue to be able to use VS 6.0?

Thanks!

Mike Maddux

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 03:24:18 GMT
 install vs.net with VS 6.0 still present?
Mike,

Quote:
> Is it safe to install VS.NET when you already have a copy of VS 6.0 and
you want
> to continue to be able to use VS 6.0?

Well, the products are supposed to coexist, but there's always the risk of
damaging something, so I'd refrain from installing it on your only VS6
production machine.

FWIW, I've noticed that, overall, everything works smoothly, with a few
small exceptions. Also, I've noticed some things getting screwed in VID
after the VS.NET install, but they seem to have been completely fixed after
reinstalling the latest VS6 SP after VS.NET.

--
Tomas Restrepo

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:30:55 GMT

1. Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side

2. New Install of VS.NET brings up IE vs App on debug

3. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

4. VS.NET vs VC++ 6.0

5. VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues

6. VS 6.0 and VS .NET Beta 1 on the same machine

7. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

8. VS 6.0 install problem - version mismatch

9. Bad vs 6.0 Install

10. Unable to install VS 6.0 SP4 on Windows 2000

11. Installing VS.NET and THEN VS6?

12. grafic error after installing VS.NET