Set Default Printer
Author Message
 Set Default Printer

Here's the problem.  I have this label printer that will
only print if it is the default printer.  If it's not the
default, I get a label with a black line down the middle
of it.  Therefore, I really need to be able to change the
default printer.  This all has to be done for NT.  On
2000/XP I can use the SetDefaultPrinter function in
Winspool.drv, but I can't find anything that works in NT.

Thanks for you help.

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:08:55 GMT
 Set Default Printer
Hi,

The way to retrieve/set the default printer on WinNT 4.0 is different from
Win2000. You can check the following article for the information:
HOWTO: Retrieve and Set the Default Printer in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q246772

(This is a C sample but the idea should be the same.)

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:12:30 GMT

1. Set default printer

2. how to Set Default Printer

3. Q: How to set default printer bin?

4. how to Set Default Printer

5. Setting default printer via DEVMODE struct and EnumPrinters

6. Setting default printer in Win NT, and 2000

7. set default printer?

8. How to set default printer font

9. Set default printer programatically?

10. set default printer

11. Windows Default Printers and Default Printer Setups

12. Problems Setting the Default printer with Win32 API SDK