Data access 'BEST' practice
Author Message
 Data access 'BEST' practice

I am writing a sql 2k db app in C#.
What are the appropriate objects to use when accessing the db and what
considerations do I need to be aware of?

I am mainly concerned with 1. speed and 2. resource usage on the server.

Any links / documents / feedback would be great.

TIA

John

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:16:31 GMT
 Data access 'BEST' practice
Check out :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbd...
daab-rm.asp

As one possible starting place...

Quote:
> I am writing a sql 2k db app in c#.
> What are the appropriate objects to use when accessing the db and what
> considerations do I need to be aware of?

> I am mainly concerned with 1. speed and 2. resource usage on the server.

> Any links / documents / feedback would be great.

> TIA

> John

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:36:06 GMT
 Data access 'BEST' practice

Quote:
> I am writing a sql 2k db app in c#.
> What are the appropriate objects to use when accessing the db and what
> considerations do I need to be aware of?

I use typed datasets.

Working with a Typed DataSet
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgu...
l/cpconworkingwithtypeddataset.asp

Or if you are using VS.NET, choose menu File / Add New Item..., then click
the Data Set icon.  This will create an XSD file for you and a new typed
dataset class in your project.  Then you use VS.NET's Server Explorer to
drag one or more tables onto the design.  If you choose more than one table
then you can also create relationships between them.

-- Alan

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:19:45 GMT

1. What's the best access method?

2. Timer Callback doesn't have access to member data

3. Can u help me?I've a simple doubt in accessing data from VC++

4. Using calloc'ed data in threads causes access violation

5. Can't access Dialog data

6. Best 'Keyboard Stroke' capture Function

7. The 'Best' Language

8. A good 'C' Book

9. A good translation of 'to marshal', 'marshal', 'marshalling' to German ?

10. '+=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data

12. storing data in 'C'