How to Make a Custom Collection Editor
Author Message
 How to Make a Custom Collection Editor

I have defined a structure and a collection of that structure. this
collection is a property of my base form, now I would like to know how to
associate this property with a collection editor dialog box. The base of the
collection is a hash table.
thankx in advance
Aniruddha

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:36:48 GMT
 How to Make a Custom Collection Editor
Aniruddha,

    You will want to apply the Editor attribute to your property.  This
attribute will take the type that will be used (with a visual component) in
the constructor.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:

> I have defined a structure and a collection of that structure. this
> collection is a property of my base form, now I would like to know how to
> associate this property with a collection editor dialog box. The base of
the
> collection is a hash table.
> thankx in advance
> Aniruddha

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:14:38 GMT
 How to Make a Custom Collection Editor
tried it the problem now is that as soon as I add on item to the collection
the add, remove, navigation buttons all get disabled.. I am not able to add
another item nor does the instance of the one value which it lets me insert
appear on the form ????
am I missing some interface which I should implement in my collection??

Quote:
> Aniruddha,

>     You will want to apply the Editor attribute to your property.  This
> attribute will take the type that will be used (with a visual component)
in
> the constructor.

>     Hope this helps.

> --
>                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> > I have defined a structure and a collection of that structure. this
> > collection is a property of my base form, now I would like to know how
> > associate this property with a collection editor dialog box. The base of
> the
> > collection is a hash table.
> > thankx in advance
> > Aniruddha

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:11:46 GMT

1. Collection Editor for my Custom Control

2. HOWTO : Design-time custom collection editing for custom control

3. Collections Property editor

4. Collection editor

5. Very simple collection editor at runtime

6. implementing customized Collection Editor using C#.

7. PropertyGrid and the Collection Editor

8. String Collection Editor

9. Collection Editor

10. collection editor "null reference exception"

11. Collections and Items in the properties editor

12. A collection inside a collection inside a collection...