Compiler error CS 1595 - Help
Author Message
 Compiler error CS 1595 - Help

When I try to create a C# web application (page witha a button) it compiles
in the IDE error free but when I run it in the browser i get the following
error:

CS1595: 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute' is
defined in multiple places; using definition from
'C:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\mscorlib.dll'

I have not addded any addition references. I have reinstalled both VS and
IIS to no avail. ASP projects created in VB are ok.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,
 Selwyn

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:12:52 GMT
 Compiler error CS 1595 - Help
Are you have a directive in the aspx witch as something like this :

Rui Maia
*********************************

*********************************
WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> When I try to create a C# web application (page witha a button) it
compiles
> in the IDE error free but when I run it in the browser i get the following
> error:

> CS1595: 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute' is
> defined in multiple places; using definition from
> 'C:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\mscorlib.dll'

> I have not addded any addition references. I have reinstalled both VS and
> IIS to no avail. ASP projects created in VB are ok.

> Any help would be welcome.

> Thanks,
>  Selwyn

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:52:28 GMT
 Compiler error CS 1595 - Help
Also, check that the ASPNET account has "list folder/read data" permissions
on the root of the systemdrive, and that it has the appropriate read and
readwrite permissions to the framework folders.

Arild

Quote:
> Are you have a directive in the aspx witch as something like this :

> --
> Rui Maia
> *********************************

> *********************************
> WEB: http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~rfpm

> > When I try to create a C# web application (page witha a button) it
> compiles
> > in the IDE error free but when I run it in the browser i get the
following
> > error:

> > CS1595: 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute'
is
> > defined in multiple places; using definition from
> > 'C:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\mscorlib.dll'

> > I have not addded any addition references. I have reinstalled both VS
and
> > IIS to no avail. ASP projects created in VB are ok.

> > Any help would be welcome.

> > Thanks,
> >  Selwyn

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:25:40 GMT
 Compiler error CS 1595 - Help
Is it this?

PRB: "Compiler Error Message: CS1595" Error Message When You Use the C#
Compiler to Compile an ASP.NET Resource (Q318274)

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318274

When I try to create a C# web application (page witha a button) it compiles
in the IDE error free but when I run it in the browser i get the following
error:

CS1595: 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute' is
defined in multiple places; using definition from
'C:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\mscorlib.dll'

I have not addded any addition references. I have reinstalled both VS and
IIS to no avail. ASP projects created in VB are ok.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,
 Selwyn

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:38:29 GMT
 Compiler error CS 1595 - Help
Thanks guys - this article shows 2 ways to solve the problem - I have used
method 2

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318274

Thanks again

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:22:03 GMT

2. Help with compiler error: fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

3. VC++6.0/SP3 Compiler Error: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

4. Help on my C code, dont understand how to fix my compiler errors (PLEASE HELP)

5. newbe/cs student, need help w/ code

6. Help!!! Novice CS Advice

7. Help !!! Compiler Error

8. Need help with syntax to resolve compiler error.

9. Compiler Error Help

10. Help with compiler error?

11. help with this compiler error?

12. help with this compiler error? (COMPLETE POST)