Capturing stdout using System.Diagnostics.Process.Start
Author Message
 Capturing stdout using System.Diagnostics.Process.Start

I need to start a process that's a command line tool, capture it's output,
process the output, write to XML file.

I know how to start, process, and write.  I don't know how to capture the
output of the process.  I don't know how to start the process in the current
cmd window without starting another window, thus losing the output.

My goal is to rsh <unix_system> -l user df | grep ^/dev/ to gather some disk
info, then stick it in a sql server db.

Yeah, some day I'll write a daemon that speaks http on the solaris side and
call it a web service.  But for now....

Any ideas?

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:14:36 GMT

1. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start

2. Windows service applications (System.Diagnostics.DebuggableAttribute headaches)

3. Working with System.Diagnostics.Process

4. System.Diagnostics.Process, WaitForExit

5. Unhandled Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Could not create System Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System

6. Executing Old 16 Bit DOS Apps from C# via System.Diagnostics.Process

7. System.Diagnostics.Process Questions

8. Capturing stdout from a child process?

9. Capturing stdout from a forked process

10. Can I capture stdout from system() call ?

11. Problem with using Systems.Diagnostics

12. ? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_