running windows application from another windows application
Author Message
 running windows application from another windows application

Hi,

If I have a windows application. When clicking a button in this
application, I want to run another windows application. These 2
applications need to communicate with each other. How?

Thanks
Erez

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:37:29 GMT
 running windows application from another windows application
Erez,

    Generally speaking, to run another application, you can use the static
Start method on the Process class.

    As for making them communicate with each other, it depends on which
route you want to go.  You might want to consider COM interop, or passing
messages between the two applications, or even pipes.  It all depends on
what your requirements are and if you have access to the code base for both
applications.

    Hope this helps.

--
                    - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Quote:
> Hi,

> If I have a windows application. When clicking a button in this
> application, I want to run another windows application. These 2
> applications need to communicate with each other. How?

> Thanks
> Erez

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:36:02 GMT

1. VC++ / MFC application runs on WinNT but crashes on Windows XP / Windows 2000

2. Unmanaged Application with Managed Wrapper Dll won't run on Windows XP

3. May C# Application runs on Windows 98/ME?

4. Can I run C# applications in windows 2000/NT

5. Run a Windows application from C++

6. Run Desktop application on windows 2000 on specific user account

7. problem with Visual Studio 6.0 application that running on Windows 95

8. VC++6 Application Running on windows nt.4

9. my application cannot run on other Windows.

10. Application run, but no window appear

11. Running C# Applications on older versions of Windows.

12. Beta 2: can't run C# Windows Forms applications