FXScintilla Bug?
Author Message
 FXScintilla Bug?

I've been playing with the new FXScintilla widget in FXRuby 1.0.10, and I
think I've found a bug. I can't find a way to reproduce it in a short chunk
of code, but its to do with the line

If I pass the result of that call to another object (my controller object,
in this case), I segfault with a "Cannot access memory at location" type
windows error.

The workaround I'm using is

The fact that this works might mean something to someone more wise than
myself. My environment is Win2k Pro, ruby 1.6.7 (2002-03-01) [i586-mswin32],
FXRuby 1.0.10

David Naseby

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:12:19 GMT
 FXScintilla Bug?
Quote:

This workaround worked once. Failed and segfaulted every time after that.
Back to the ol drawing board.

David

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:27:56 GMT
 FXScintilla Bug?

Quote:
> > The workaround I'm using is

> This workaround worked once. Failed and segfaulted every time after that.
> Back to the ol drawing board.

I'll try to find out what's going on with this. Rich Kilmer and some of the
other guys working on FreeRIDE are the primary users of the FXScintilla code
and are a lot more familiar with it than I am; they may have an updated
version of scintilla_wrapper.rb that addresses this problem.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:08:59 GMT
 FXScintilla Bug?

Quote:

> I've been playing with the new FXScintilla widget in FXRuby 1.0.10, and I
> think I've found a bug. I can't find a way to reproduce it in a short chunk
> of code, but its to do with the line

> If I pass the result of that call to another object (my controller object,
> in this case), I segfault with a "Cannot access memory at location" type
> windows error.

> The workaround I'm using is

> The fact that this works might mean something to someone more wise than
> myself. My environment is Win2k Pro, ruby 1.6.7 (2002-03-01) [i586-mswin32],
> FXRuby 1.0.10

> David Naseby

Please try this workaround:

        buffer = "".ljust(len)

The resulting string should be in the variable "buffer".
HTH.

_gilles.

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:43:56 GMT

1. FreeRIDE 5.0 problems (fxscintilla issue?)

2. ANN: Debian packages of FreeRIDE, FOX, FXRuby, Ripper, FXScintilla, etc

3. FreeRide and FXScintilla

4. Fox, FXRuby, fxscintilla and FreeRide - again

5. fxscintilla problems finding fox lib on Solaris

6. Installing Fox, FXRuby and fxscintilla

7. [daniel@netwalk.org: Re: problems installing fxscintilla]

8. problems installing fxscintilla

9. Progress: Ruby binding for Scintilla & FXScintilla

10. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, C4 BUGS

11. PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

12. BUG: Numeric Keypad Accelerator bug...