Web Application Frameworks?
Author Message
 Web Application Frameworks?

I have need to build a simple web-based data entry application. What's the
latest on existing Ruby frameworks to help do something like this?

Chris

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:13:49 GMT
 Web Application Frameworks?
I explored this question in depth a few weeks ago. After brief and
unsatisfactory explorations with roach and webrick, I ultimately converged
on Steven Stanfield's RedCat, which he recently renamed Ocelot. The only
problem is that its not yet publically available but will be real soon
now. We're shooting for a coordinated, load-and-go release, hopefully in a
week or so.

For a sample of what's possible, see http://virtualschool.edu:8083, a
fully programmable interactive learning environment designed for
non-programmers (teachers). This is not a public release as I'm still
debugging the install instructions and several pages are incomplete. Once
its ready, this will replace the jile announcement pages in my .sig.

Quote:

--

For industrial age goods there were checks and credit cards
For everything else there is http://virtualschool.edu/mybank

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:21:27 GMT
 Web Application Frameworks?

Quote:

> I have need to build a simple web-based data entry application. What's the
> latest on existing Ruby frameworks to help do something like this?

> Chris

eruby or html + ruby cgi would probably work just fine for a data entry.

--
Alan Chen
Digikata LLC

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:42:16 GMT

1. New 0.2 release of Goanna - The Eiffel Web Application Framework

2. State of Ruby Web Application Frameworks

3. Roach - Web Application Framework

4. Web Application framework (python/java)

5. Searching for the ultimate web application framework (longish)

6. Web Application Framework

7. Web application framework. Which one?

8. Framework for fast Python Web applications with CORBA ?

9. AIDA/Web - Web Application Server released as Open Source

10. Kicking remote web users from run-time application made with web publishing tool

11. Internet application template vs. Web application template

12. Idoox releases framework for accessing SOAP Web Services from JavaScript