FSA/FST library in Ruby
Author Message
 FSA/FST library in Ruby

Hello, Ruby coders,

Though I haven't found any FSA/FST library
for Ruby on RAA, I still hope it is just not
listed on RAA, or someone is developing it.....

Or my hopes are vain?

Yuri Leikind

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:18:34 GMT
 FSA/FST library in Ruby
I have developed a small FST-library half a year ago.

Algorithms implemented:
1. NFST, construction from RE* (e.g. 'a:b'bbb refers to relation abbb ->
bbbb)
2. NFST determinization (both Mohri and Roche algorithms)
3. IsFunctional, determines whether transducer is a rational function
4. Unambiguous, makes Functional transducer from the NonFunctional one
5. Superposition calculation
6. Cascade-based interpreter
7. Dotty-based output

They were all developed in Ruby and some algorithms are too slow :-(
In C they would be much faster.

What I would like to do:
1. Add a documentation
2. Implement time-critical algorithms in C
3. Add minimization algorithms
4. Add negation
5. Add lazy implementation where it is possible
6. Add some compact representation stuff
7. WFST implementation

It would be nice if some one helped me in this.
Ruby lacks fast regular expressions.

BR,
Sergei

> Though I haven't found any FSA/FST library
> for Ruby on RAA, I still hope it is just not
> listed on RAA, or someone is developing it.....

> Or my hopes are vain?

> Yuri Leikind

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:04:43 GMT

1. Searching for FST Libraries...

2. F.S.T Library source code

3. FST Modula-2 Library Summaries

4. Ruby/SMB - ruby interface to the libsmbclient library

5. UI & FSA automatic code

6. example of FSA for lexical analysis

7. ANNOUNCE: FSA Utilities version 4

8. ANNOUNCE: Fsa Utilities (version 4)

9. Announcing FSA Utilities 1.00

10. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

11. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

12. Ruby library modules and documentation