http timeout errors
Author Message
 http timeout errors

I've been running a script against our web server that continually reads in
the home page and dumps any errors to file.

Overnight I got 5 errors -- 2 like this:

  socket read timeout (60 sec)

..and 3 like this:

  A connection attempt failed because the connected party
  did not properly respond after a period of time, or
  established connection failed because connected host
  has failed to respond. - "connect(2)"

Same script:

def ping
  h = Net::HTTP.new('www.x.com', 80)
  h.open_timeout = 60
  h.read_timeout = 60
  resp = h.get2('/index.html', nil ) # get2 won't raise an exception
  [resp.code, resp.message, resp.body[0..500]]
end

.. I understand a read timeout of 60, but why aren't all my errors like
that? What causes the second error to occur, because it essentially says it
was a timeout, right?

Chris
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 03:33:43 GMT
 http timeout errors

Quote:

>   A connection attempt failed because the connected party
>   did not properly respond after a period of time, or
>   established connection failed because connected host
>   has failed to respond. - "connect(2)"

> ... I understand a read timeout of 60, but why aren't all my errors like
> that? What causes the second error to occur, because it essentially says it
> was a timeout, right?

A read timeout is on an already established connection, this error seems
to come from the socket not being established at all.

It should be an exception like Errno::ETIMEDOUT (if you used #get)

--

All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:11:38 GMT
 http timeout errors
Ah -- thanks!
A read timeout is on an already established connection, this error seems
to come from the socket not being established at all.

It should be an exception like Errno::ETIMEDOUT (if you used #get)

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:23:55 GMT

1. Q about -timeout option of http::geturl

2. http timeouts

3. Socket timeouts for HTTP connections (httplib)?

4. http::geturl timeout

5. dns + http timeouts

6. http request timeout

7. Expect: timeout & -o timeout

8. VBX Timeout Error

9. Lack of Timeout error message with NI-DAQ6.5.1

10. What causes the VISA timeout error 1073807339?

11. visa wite always getting timeout error

12. upload CGI Timeout & DNS Error