Digest Articles 40486-40493 (1/1) (ruby-talk ML)
Author Message
 Digest Articles 40486-40493 (1/1) (ruby-talk ML)

Quote:

>>  After struggling with eRuby and CGI::Session for a little while, I
>>  think I may have discovered something strange with how they are
>>  interacting. Or maybe I'm making a newbie mistake, I dunno.

>>  Here's the problem: I'm trying to set a session in an .rhtml file,
>>  and then retrieve it from another .rhtml file. My browser receives
>>  the session cookie, but the path has been set automatically to
>>  /cgi-bin/. I'm suspecting that this is because eruby lives in
>>  /cgi-bin/.

>>  The problem, though, is that when I look for the cookie, my browser
>>  won't send it. Because the page is an .rhtml that doesn't actually
>>  live in /cgi-bin/ -- it just lives in the document root.

>>  Has anybody else had to deal with this problem? Is there a simple
>>  workaround I'm missing?

>This sounds like an odd situation.  How are you running eruby?  are
>you directly creating the cgi, or is this something that your
>enviroment is doing for you?

I added these lines to httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
AddHandler cgi-script .rb
<Directory /home/httpd/rubyproject/html/>
      Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

.. all of which is pretty standard stuff, I'd imagine.

Francis
--

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:10:17 GMT

1. Digest Articles 18282-18332 (1/4) (ruby-talk ML)

2. Digest Articles 9686-9738 (3/4) (ruby-talk ML)

3. Not seeing today's ruby-talk ML items on comp.lang.ruby

4. ruby-talk ml

5. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

6. Subscribe confirmation request (ruby-talk ML)

7. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

8. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

9. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

10. help (ruby-talk ML)

11. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

12. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically